Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it works then it works and that's what matters..Not what I had in mind as I thought stacking parts to a bump rail (s) on the go side of cutting forces..480v single phase... that is odd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I use Schunk milling magnets every day. I did not read all the comments here, but they work fantastic. The only downside I ever has is with very thin material, say under .500 it is a little more difficult with the chips sticking to them material. When roughing it would be ok, for finishing with small chips, it can be a pain. The hold down power is amazing, don't be fooled into thinking you cannot take a heavy cut, check out some youtube videos. The also have some nice adjustable step blocks that help you keep the material flat, great for sawcut material or castings.

3. Likes Edster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 9100 View Post
    How can you form aluminum oxide hot rolling steel? The aluminum has to come from somewhere.

Bill
    deoxidizers in steel aluminum and silica forms aluminum oxide and silicon oxide both abrasive
    welders mig welding often see glassy type pieces on top of weld

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Edster View Post
    /
    The chuck held the kurt vise fine, but the stop would slip a little if I tried to move it. I think it would be fine if it covered 4 poles.
    The stop would probably hold better if you moved it to bridge between two poles.

I still think there is a demag cycle. A simole reversal doesn't do because the amount varies with the part. Hold a piece of steel on a pole resting on an end and lifted slightly off. See if you feel a series of jerks as the field reverses.

Bill