What's new
What's new

Manual for Hercus AL 330 Metal Lathe

Qld Raider

Plastic
I have just bought a second hand AL 330 lathe that is badged as a Hercus. Can anyone please help with finding a manual for this machine.

Its going to be Taiwanese.....AL330 is a common designation of the import machines of the 13x36 " size.........I didnt know Hercus put their name on asian imports,but ,you do what ya gotta do to survive the Asians......Anyhoo,PM policy being what it is,you might be better served asking on one of the hobby machine forums.

Thanks for your response John. I'm new to this forum game... can you suggest a hobby machine forum.

Sort of a combination of hobby and machinist ?........Im probably not permitted to mention the competition,but there is a long running series on a slightly earlier version of yours ,an AL300........incidentally,a somewhat similar machine is still sold ,so you can probably get a start by downloading a parts list at least from Hare and Forbes/HAFCO/Machinery House.....they have free downloads for all their machines.........they are still pretty similar....V belt head ,with Norton threading box......although there will be differences between manufactures.......In Taiwan there are/were whole districts of factories making the same or very similar machines ,in the millions.Many have gone from the scene,a few have gone into CNC,and some are just fronts for Chinese stuff.

Last edited:
OK,had a look,seems to be a CQ 6230 model ,made by the Shaoxing Tongli Machine tool Co,of Zhejang ,PROC.........plenty of info ,images online for it...Good luck with your new lathe.

Perhaps a Grissly manual? Was put onto something similar for my AL336.

See you are from OZ. Metalwork forums. One of the guys there may have something similar.

But yeah, as prev mentioned -- the hobbyist stuff is frowned upon around here.

Back