What's new
What's new

Geometrical or tangential die head

Error79

Plastic
Hi all !
Im preaty new in metal worl so i need help/suggestion/advice

As Title say Geometrical or tangential die head for production of threads on lathe machine.
I expect to make up to 15 000 of them p/y. M16-M24.

My first choice would be tangential Wagner head or Landis but like to know you opinion ....

P.S. sry. on english didn't use him for some time :-)

Better off thread rolling?.....My preference is for the Landis tangent type,purely for the very long life of the chasers.........the other type chasers dont give 1/10 of the life,and need special fixtures to sharpen.

as stated already tangential heads have a lot of life in the chasers and easy to sharpen...

But you would also have to look at thread rolling as well. which is also mentioned.
So nothing new to add only a second for the above statement so plus one to above.

Hi all !
Im preaty new in metal worl so i need help/suggestion/advice

As Title say Geometrical or tangential die head for production of threads on lathe machine.
I expect to make up to 15 000 of them p/y. M16-M24.

My first choice would be tangential Wagner head or Landis but like to know you opinion ....

P.S. sry. on english didn't use him for some time :-)

You did cite more than one size, presume rather a wide assortment of SKU once lengths are factored in as well.

OTOH, 15,000 a year, a mere 8 or so to the hour, should get you "some sort" of discount level even if mixed, from the distributors to the folk who make them at the rate of 15,000 every day, if not every HOUR.

Turn that into a logistics exercise rather than a sweat and chips exercise, you can get out of the shop and go SELL the next 50,000 so as to get a better discount, yet.

We are dealing with metric threaded goods, yah? Hardly a niche product. Even if you have sumthin' WEIRD, the Big Boys automate the living piss outta that.

Roll them at the very least if yah can do, and not on manual machine-tools, either.

Tnx. every one for replay,
Well i know that 15k is nothing in production but, we are part of maintenance of electro energetic network so when we need them we need then now and most of them are special in some way.
Rolling ... hm definitely rolling then don't know how did I skip that .... i guess it will be LANDIS then .... will see price and will decide.

tnx
onece more ....

Tnx. every one for replay,
Well i know that 15k is nothing in production but, we are part of maintenance of electro energetic network so when we need them we need then now and most of them are special in some way.
Rolling ... hm definitely rolling then don't know how did I skip that .... i guess it will be LANDIS then .... will see price and will decide.

tnx
onece more ....

Sometimes over-hyped, but in general it actually CAN improve the very material as to performance.

There are dozens of players in the thread rolling universe.

Get yer google-hat on, then see who in Europe can do you the most good for the ones you actually use the most. REALLY odd ones, you can always single-point a handful of back on the lathe.

If you are any sort of utility, power, transport, or other common carrier, "downtime" is next-door to death. Fast supply of dies, fast service if a machine needs it, premium prices may be OK, but rip-off, NOT, yadda, yadda. Might be a Czech firm, etc.

(Cable & Wireless pensioner, here. WE survived. The company not so much)

Single point is option for now if we need something, even I saw some multi-point tool for lathe, but it is not easy to finde him in Europe, specialy in Croatia (and well my knowledge is still limited so things geting even harder :-) ).

Back