What's new
What's new

Marvel Saw Parts

Ox

Diamond
Just wanting to put this out there FYI and so that it pops up on Search.

So the feed worm wheel went out on the ole' #8 yesterday.
We are cutting short width right now, so I don't need all the stroke, and was able to just move the set screw 160* fore or aft, and we were back ready to for this AM.

So now I try to find a new replacement.
Google pops up a few options, but nothing on Ebay.
The highest hit on Google is "Band Saw Parts dot com" and then info there shows that it has been bought out by "Saw Blade dot com".
So I called them, only to git an Indian, which then passed me on to yet another Indian.
Nobody there seemed to actually know the products, and the "worm wheel" was pronounced "warm wheel".
They would need to call me back with $ and delivery as well.
I was expecting, and at the very least HOPING that I was going to find the wheel somewhere else at any price when I hung up.

Amada recently bought Armstrong Blum, and so I called Amada.
Sounded like a poorly isolated call center with poor communications.
Finally that voice decided that I needed handed off to "the bandsaw divission".
So "bandsaw" answers, but doesn't have a clue of the parts breakdown on the Series 8 (one of the most common saws ever built).
"Call this guy at this number...."
"You've gotta be kidd'n me?"
"No - he can get the part number for you..."
I about hung up, but I took the number.

Google had one other option, and that was Darcy Saw dot com.
The Google link and site didn't give much hope compared to the others, but I sure hope this pans out!
So I wrung the doorbell, and a Yankee answers! :eek:
"I'm lookin' fer parts for a #8, doo you know where I could find some?"
"I can help you." (He didn't hand me off to anyone)
"I need a feed worm wheel for a #8."
He had it in stock and could ship it ratt away, from where he was at - back east somewhere...
I ordered it.

"Band Saw Parts" just called back now with a price @10% higher than what I ordered it from Darcy, and it would ship from Houston - tomorrow.
Maybe 1/2 hour later than I got off the horn with Darcy at the most, and Houston is 2 time zones west I think.

D'ARCY SAW LLC | Extreme Duty Bandsaw Parts

------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

Last edited:
I've bought from them for Marvel saws as well with good service. nice parts catalog too.

Another happy Darcy customer here!
When I talked to them about the same gear on mine he asked if it still had the oil pan/enclosure around the gear, and said the best thing to do was remove that and give it a squirt of oil when used. Otherwise grit builds up in the oil and turns it into a puddle of lapping compound....
Also remember that hardened steel was an option, a dozen or so years back anyway.

Yep, they got it out yet that same day, as I am 2 days from Back East.

-------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

Attachments

• DSCN2479.jpg
    DSCN2479.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 42
Since the original designer* of the ole' #8 expected it to last a lifetime, he never put any means of pulling the lower wheel back off. But he is likely been to his grave for a good 40 yrs by now (?) so there is merit to the thought.

BUT - some of us have to replace the wheels on 40+ yr old equipment, and a means to remove is helpfull.

So, since a pic is worth 1000 werds, and I can't spell worth'a hoot, I'll jist post the pic.

* However, the knock-off guys didn't bother to edit the OEM design either, so ...

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Attachments

• DSCN2934.JPG
    DSCN2934.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 9

Back