What's new
What's new

homemade tool & cutter grinder (step by step)

celsoari

Aluminum
friends started to build my universal tool & cutter grinder. I'm recording all the steps and I'm posting the firsts videos, whoever wants to follow the construction sign up for the youtube channel to receive the updates:
(homemade tool & cutter grinde - YouTube
construcao de afiadeira caseira part 2(homemade tool & cutter grinder) - YouTube
construcao de afiadora caseira part 3 (homemade tool & cutter grinder) - YouTube
construcao de afiadora caseira part 4 (homemade tool & cutter grinder) - YouTube

greetings from Brazil

friends started to build my universal tool & cutter grinder. I'm recording all the steps and I'm posting the firsts videos, whoever wants to follow the construction sign up for the youtube channel to receive the updates:
construcao de afiadeira caseira part 2(homemade tool & cutter grinder) - YouTube
construcao de afiadora caseira part 3 (homemade tool & cutter grinder) - YouTube
construcao de afiadora caseira part 4 (homemade tool & cutter grinder) - YouTube

greetings from Brazil

Bem feito!

Por esta altura, é surpreendente que você também não fez o motor e o cinto também!

:)

I will never change that drill ... I won from my grandfather and it is a treasure for me

I got one from my grandfather when he died as well, the only hole in the table is the one in the center put there by the factory. He used it in his shop for about 45 years. I replaced all the bearings and the belt and use it every day.

greetings from Brazil

Very cool, nice design..
One could get the needed clearance angle with the arc of the wheel edge being above or below center and turned a bit so getting wheel edge arc...for OD or end sharpening...
A simple long V block at 10-12* tilt could make a drill point sharpener.
A spin index a simple work head. On an angle plate for angle tilt.
Weldmit to make centers likely in the thoughts.

But likely the OP will make a work head from scratch..

Think I would add bellows to keep the travel clean if grit...
Sewn Bellows and Covers Protect Machine Components | Joyce

I always enjoy Brazil. It's the trip there and back that suck!
We spent most of our time in Laurentino and Rodeo SC. Lots of excitement! I did not find Itopava this trip. So, it was just lots of Brahma. :D
JR

When I was leaving the Puerto Montt Airport, taxing out, I caught a glimpse
of a single engine low wing plane (piper I believe), with an "n-number" however I couldn't see it all, nor snap a picture of it.

Meaning someone flew themselves down there.....a much better way to travel.

When I was leaving the Puerto Montt Airport, taxing out, I caught a glimpse
of a single engine low wing plane (piper I believe), with an "n-number" however I couldn't see it all, nor snap a picture of it.

Meaning someone flew themselves down there.....a much better way to travel.

With a coupla hundred hours in PA-28's, I gots to tell yah.. that's closer to prolonged agony - very prolonged - than pleasure, even if a Piper Malibu or faster.

ANYthing with "airscrews" seems to apply the term to the slower-moving, prop-beat weary, longer suffering passengers than jets do.

Long enough bums-on-seat time on Boeing or Scarebus, Brazil is from Nawth America.

With a coupla hundred hours in PA-28's, I gots to tell yah.. that's closer to prolonged agony - very prolonged - than pleasure, even if a Piper Malibu or faster.

ANYthing with "airscrews" seems to apply the term to the slower-moving, prop-beat weary, longer suffering passengers than jets do.

Long enough bums-on-seat time on Boeing or Scarebus, Brazil is from Nawth America.

You can stop whenever you want, fly at a leisurely 3000 feet, see things.

Do a barrel roll once in awhile.....

You can stop whenever you want, fly at a leisurely 3000 feet, see things.

Do a barrel roll once in awhile.....

We must have trained out of different comic books. You ain't catching me down in the weeds, my glide-to capability impaired at no 3,000 feet and sharing airspace with students, gawkers, and the other clueless and careless. Not unless passing-through whilst arriving or departing the pattern.

Flying safely and well is work. Light aircraft, general aviation, no "support organization" but your own self? Sometimes damned HARD work. Days, not minutes in advance sessing out of your own HEALTH, met data, airworthiness, navigation, NOTAMS, and fall-back plans, ground as well as air.

All whether paid for it or paying to do it.

"Barrel Roll"? Not even serious pitch excursions, my left-seating, thanks.

Wants a dose of aerobatics, I pays for a ragwing Boeing ride, expert at it in the backseat, "Flying Circus" aerodrome.

First one was funny. Restored Stearman. Aged and aging War Two heavy bomber pilot. Hand over the fee, barker turns and shouts:

"Hey! Tex! Get your parachute on and take one of your heart pills! You got a customer!"

That'll certainly get your pucker-factor dialed-in ahead of time...

:)

Night flight, PA-28. Right seat, in his dotage, Father-in-Law of my Director of Engineering. Wanted a last night flight, and night-time single-engine VFR was 80% of what I cared to fly, fools and pretenders long gone to home, ATP drivers well above me in their Flight Levels.

Battle of Britain Hurricane & Spitfire driver, I had heard. It was his transition into Bristol Beaufighters, predators in the black of a dark night, we were up for.

Broke a few rules, that night, we did, hiding in clouds far from airways, staying sweet off the assets on our panel. Cancer he already had took him later that year.

Well.. sat far enough back at least the damned keyboard stayed dry...

...memories... hope there's a younger man has an open right seat, my own time comes, but it won't be clouds on that night I'll be after. Starry, starry night, CAVU, airliner strobes visible a hundred and more miles away... or maybe a Bomber's moon, rather.

I'll be grateful, not be picky, that much is for sure.

Last edited:

Back