What's new
What's new

material super glue WON'T adhere to

Bluechipx

Hot Rolled
I'm making a "V" type fixture to hold 'o'-rings together when using super glue joints, so I need a material that resists sticking. Possibly Teflon or polished steel or-----?

The plastic bottle it comes in, and the cap. The other day I used the cap to smush down some fabric that I glued. Worked great.

The first time I came across a " Loc-tite " seal and " O" ring making kit a few years ago it came complete with a device made out of some yellow " plastic " type stuff. You used it as a vee block to line up the seal material. Nothing ever stuck to it.

Regards Tyrone.

The first time I came across a " Loc-tite " seal and " O" ring making kit a few years ago it came complete with a device made out of some yellow " plastic " type stuff. You used it as a vee block to line up the seal material. Nothing ever stuck to it.

Regards Tyrone.
I actually have that kit with the yellow fixture somewhere hopelessly lost in my shop somewhere, so at least a non-stick material does exist, so my search isn't hopeless.

Some form of mold release, I would suggest simply melting some candle wax on it,
warm it with a hair dryer to wash off the excess.

Back