What's new
What's new

Maybe ot...I got "blued" on friday

plastikdreams

Diamond
So let me preface this with I work on 1st shift and there's 2 that work n 3rd shift. One is a lady who cleans molds and maybe does core pin height adjustments. She is very temperamental to say the least. The other is a toolmaker who thinks he does 3 times the work of 1st shift (he actually does a 1/4 if that) and is gods gift.

So they are very vengeful, ie leave a note to please not move a rack against a moving part of the wire machine and the remove everything from it and trash the rack.

Anywho, the lathe doesn't have air to it so I her hers which is closest. They then started hiding their air nozzles. I have extras, no issue. A few days ago the nozzles were back. Ok cool...Friday I needed more line so I removed one and plugged it into the other. A bit later I notice my gloves had blue on them, I was using red dykem and markers. We looked into it and she blued the male connector on the air line.

The troublemaker in me wanted to anti seize handles and drill grease seems into drawers...but I did the right thing and just let the manager know. Oh the things I could have done lol. To make it worse, I've never even met the lady.

I'm sorry you are having such issues at work. I really think you are doing the right thing however by not retaliating. It is a road to nowhere. We had a guy at Hauni that got mad at another machinist and pumped a whole can of great stuff into his locked toolbox. He did not get fired but it caused a real shit storm and he almost lost his job. Maybe a conversation between you, the wench, and the manager although that is one meeting I would not want to be in on.

Well I hope the situation deteriorates in time and youre forced to take covert action of some sort and post up here for the lulz :)

Well I hope the situation deteriorates in time and youre forced to take covert action of some sort and post up here for the lulz :)

There was a thread on hear years ago on practical jokes in the machine shop. It's gave me so many ideas lol.

My job is worth more than the satisfaction of retaliation. At this point I don't even want to meet her as it wouldn't end up well. I just don't get why they do these things to us when we do nothing to their stuff.

I'm not suggesting this solution would work for you. In the mid 80s I was a young electrical tech and one of the machinists where I worked decided to start pranking me. It started mild but when he thought it was funny to sneak up and scare me while I was troubleshooting a 100 HP DC drive, I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. This gentleman was a creature of habit of visited the porcelain throne every morning at the same time. I visited just before him and spread a thin bead of super glue on the seat. His screams ended the pranks.

The best one from that thread was semi involved but inflicted maximum revenge

Get into person s car
Tie drivers and passengers doors together.
Open hood, disconnect battery
Close all doors and hood.

Watch them try to get in, especially since the key fob won't work.

Ps, it has to be on a keyless entry car :)

The best one from that thread was semi involved but inflicted maximum revenge

Get into person s car
Tie drivers and passengers doors together.
Open hood, disconnect battery
Close all doors and hood.

Watch them try to get in, especially since the key fob won't work.

Ps, it has to be on a keyless entry car :)

You NEVER fuck with someone's car. On the other hand there was a dust up between 2 mechanics at a car dealership I worked at in the mid 70s. One of them stuck the grease gun hooked to a 55 gallon bulk grease drum in a hole in the back of his nemesis's giant roll cab over the weekend. when we reported to work on monday grease was oozing out of every drawer and the shop manager was PISSED to say the least.

All a bunch of passive-aggressive bullshit. Get in the fuckers face and bark real loud. That always works the best.

You NEVER fuck with someone's car. On the other hand there was a dust up between 2 mechanics at a car dealership I worked at in the mid 70s. One of them stuck the grease gun hooked to a 55 gallon bulk grease drum in a hole in the back of his nemesis's giant roll cab over the weekend. when we reported to work on monday grease was oozing out of every drawer and the shop manager was PISSED to say the least.

Yeah never touch another mans car, men have lost lives to much less!

Part of my standard orientation lecture to new hires was that in regard to practical jokes, I have no sense of humor. Just plain don't do them, especially ones that can result in harm to a person or material damage. That sort of nonsense has no place in a machine shop-- period.

Bill

They used to do the telephone handsets in work, the phones were all black so blue was invisible, lost count of the blue ears I got,
Mark

That one sort of hinges on the situation. For a couple guys that are really good buddies and that both know how to fix cars it can be okay... But I would never touch somebody's car that I wasn't already very friendly with... and certainly don't do any damage.

I used to do a little back and forth car pranking with a guy, we'd turn radios up to full blast, dick with the seat adjustments so you couldn't get in, park up on the door so you had to go in through a passenger door or trunk, etc. Once I got a couple buddies and turned his car sideways in the lot and everyone on next shift parked in around him, had to ask 2 or 3 people to move to get out, etc. Eventually we both started locking the car so I reached up under the front grille and popped his hood latch and unplugged all the plug wires from the distributor, etc. He got me too, we finally agreed to a truce, lol. He started it or I wouldn't have done any of it.

But yes, pranking can easily get out of hand, not always a good idea.

When I was attending the university in L.A. many years ago, I had little money and wasn't able to obtain a parking permit so I rode a Honda 305 to school everyday. I parked it next to a BMW bike and the guy who owned the BMW liked to do pranks on me. So now and then after class, I'd find something wrong. One day it was my gas cap removed and placed on the seat, leaving the fuel tank open. Next time it would be the oil filler cap on the seat, leaving the crankcase open and an oily stain on the seat.

The final straw was when the bike wouldn't start. He had loosened the spark plug wires on each cylinder so that they were not making contact. It took me a while to figure that one out. I had never retaliated until the following week. I had gone to the hardware store and bought a tube of carbon dust lubricant. That stuff conducts electricity nicely. I popped off his plug wires one at a time and filled them with the carbon lube and then popped them back on. I don't know what happened because I found another place to park on the other side of the campus but I'd bet he had a heck of a time trying to start his bike that day.

Part of my standard orientation lecture to new hires was that in regard to practical jokes, I have no sense of humor. Just plain don't do them, especially ones that can result in harm to a person or material damage. That sort of nonsense has no place in a machine shop-- period.

Bill

Worst part is it's not a prank, it was done purely out of spite. Which I really don't like.

When I was attending the university in L.A. many years ago, I had little money and wasn't able to obtain a parking permit so I rode a Honda 305 to school everyday. I parked it next to a BMW bike and the guy who owned the BMW liked to do pranks on me. So now and then after class, I'd find something wrong. One day it was my gas cap removed and placed on the seat, leaving the fuel tank open. Next time it would be the oil filler cap on the seat, leaving the crankcase open and an oily stain on the seat.

The final straw was when the bike wouldn't start. He had loosened the spark plug wires on each cylinder so that they were not making contact. It took me a while to figure that one out. I had never retaliated until the following week. I had gone to the hardware store and bought a tube of carbon dust lubricant. That stuff conducts electricity nicely. I popped off his plug wires one at a time and filled them with the carbon lube and then popped them back on. I don't know what happened because I found another place to park on the other side of the campus but I'd bet he had a heck of a time trying to start his bike that day.

Clothespin on the fuel line probably would have been even better. Give him a chance to get down the road a little ways...:D

Back