What's new
What's new

Mazak ST20 info.

gefanuc5t

Plastic
Are there any Mazak ST20 ATC M\C owners out there? I am planning on buying one and need to know what I am running into.

Are there any Mazak ST20 ATC M\C owners out there? I am planning on buying one and need to know what I am running into.

I've had mine for about 4 years now, very robust & accurate (will hold .01mm when warmed up). The main problem with these machines is the tool-changer set-up, you will have constant headaches with chips getting caught between the tool and the rest pads causing diameter and length discrepancies. We modified ours so the coolant doesn't shut off when indexing and also jacked up the air pressure, this helps but if you intend machining a lot of brass then it won't be the machine for you.

High Precision Machine Tooling and Cutters

Hi,

I was wondering which tools are hard to find please? Accu offers a wide range of tools and can also offer bespoke manufacturing services. There is more information here: https://www.accu.co.uk/en/989-machine-tooling-cutters

Like most leading manufacturers of high quality CNC machines, Mazak offers a wide range of after sales support packages. These maintenance packages can be tailored to suit your budget.

Also, if you buy directly from the manufacturer, you can ask them to visit your premises to give your team training and program your new machine.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if I can help with drills, reamers, burrs, collets etc.

Regards,

Zara

Hi gmc1724,Is your ST20 control set up so a guy can generate g code on a PC software like fusion 360 and send it to the machine for machining. I realize that a custom post possessor can me made, but is the machine setup for receiving gcode?

I only use Mazatrol, it's so easy to program at the control. I do have the iso option but after using Mazatrol for a while g-code just feels archaic on a lathe.

Do you use it for custom CNC work or how many hrs. do you put on it per week? Is there service available for this 1989 model (this machines model)machine? Does it use VDI40 toolholders?
thanks

Does it use VDI40 toolholders?

The machine uses MAZAK PROPRIETARY VDI 40 holders. Ebay will be the only source as this is a 30 year old machine.

Holders look like this:

Attachments

• Mazak VDI40a.jpg
    Mazak VDI40a.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Mazak VDI40c.jpg
    Mazak VDI40c.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Mazak VDI40b.jpg
    Mazak VDI40b.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 61

Back