What's new
What's new

MBR-820 radial drill by Machine Bank International, need manual

Cannonmn

Stainless
C6569B62-296F-489E-A342-0364F0EF18E3.jpgHave spent time googling, no luck for any Machine Bank Inyernational, any MBR radial drill, dealer Brierly Mach. Sales in MI, no drill of that make among 225 radials on Surplus Record, nothing. Nothing on Eboo. It is like mine is the only one of this make in the US. Anyone know anything about the brand or this model? Think radius is about 36”, so a small radial drill as radial drills go. Please point me to a manual or manual of like item if another maker took over the line. I noticed Sharp has a radial drill with 820 number but think it is larger.

029ED898-0994-4A3A-BAB3-7435B8BFDD58.jpg

Yes, same radius anyway. I figgered out all by myself that the “820” is the nominal radius in mm. Maybe I’ll try google.de and see if anything turns up, the machine is certainly of metric-country origin.

The controls look very much like my no name taiwanese model, including
the clockspring up top, in front of the motor.

"Tone Fan" is the name, spindle speed levers on upper right are same as mine.
TF-1280H Model Hydraulic Radial Drill - Precision Heavy Duty Series | TOP-ONE Machinery

Interesting. For some reason the base casting in their ad has a logo that looks like “G” in a wreath, then a name like “Tuke Fak” nothing like the company name in the ad.??? Maybe that’s the “Tone Fan” u mention but pic of text isn’t that clear.

Hey Doug, if u still have that drill, I could really use a photo of the electronics in the swing-out box on the side. Looks like someone pilfered components from mine before I got it. Nothing “turns on” when all switches are on, and the three pins on the transformer secondary aren’t connected to anything. Thanks.

DUH! We spent hours trying to find out why we got no power to the motors. Then a friend found that the red emergency stop button was pressed all the way “in” cutting power. Pulling it out allowed everything to work normally. Looks like a very useful machine, we love the single joystick control of the major functions.

One odd thing about it is that when you are lowering the head by power, there’s a very loud, high-pitched tone like ringing. But you grab the stationary worm shaft which stops the noise. Wierd!

Back