McPond - Airbnb for Manufacturing Industry
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Lightbulb McPond - Airbnb for Manufacturing Industry

    I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know about McPond.com - think of us as Airbnb for Machines.

    So if you are lacking in machines to build things, you can use McPond to gain access to the machines you need. It's also great passive income if you have idle machines just sitting around collecting dust.

    Overall, we believe it's a platform that will benefit the manufacturing industry to have this kind of symbiotic relationships and enhance social interaction within the industry.

    Companies from multiple cities have listed their machines. It really is the perfect opportunity to make extra money if you have idle machines. There's no cost to list your machines, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator.

    McPond, our vision is to inspire companies and entrepreneurs who want to build things but can’t afford to buy or do not have the space for required machinery. At the same time assist manufacturers to utilize idle machines and earn incremental revenue.

    Inspire manufacturing by being a part of our strong peer-to-peer manufacturing community that brings an opportunity for everyone.

    Factory owners, manufacturers, and entrepreneurs—let's grow together!

    For more information please visit www.mcpond.com or contact [email protected] or call (312) 761-4490

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,614
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Deep and thick....

    The spam sure is running heavy today eh ?

  3. Likes mountie, Newman109 liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    156
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Default

    [QUOTE=rigved;3354458], the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator.


    This sounds like what I've been doing for the last 15 years. Someone calls me to see if I have open time, I say yes, they give me work and my operator makes the part. Inspect, ship, repeat.

    Never mind, I answered my own question. This new method allows me to skip the last three steps.

    I am interested in following this thread to see what I am missing with this new way of marketing.

  5. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,614
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    Come on Digger,this is the chance we have all been waiting for to make our fortunes. I wonder what they charge for being middle men.
    I thought that was already done with "MFG.COM" eh ?

    OH wait a minute...More like "Uber":
    Uber and Lyft drivers plan 24-hour strike to protest pay - CBS News

  7. Likes adama, Milland liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    7,917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    858
    Likes (Received)
    3777

    Default

    Seriously, who in their right mind would rent a piece of machine shop equipment to a complete stranger? It isn't like someone renting an engine hoist from a rental yard.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    403
    Likes (Received)
    189

    Default

    I'm guessing FK nailed it. Your time comes with the machine just like the Uber driver comes with the car.

    So really no different than mfg.com.

    I too am interested to hear how McPond takes a simple transaction model (Uber driver, take me to x location where everyone agrees what the task is without a bunch of negotiating) and translates it to a complex transaction model (Machinist, take complex raw materials and make them into a complex part meeting complex tolerance requirements).

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    47
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Seriously, who in their right mind would rent a piece of machine shop equipment to a complete stranger? It isn't like someone renting an engine hoist from a rental yard.
    I don't know why you guys aren't getting it
    You supply your machine and operator to people without the capital and resources....get it?
    What could go wrong?
    What a great concept!
    Millennials are going to rule the world...if you would just go with it!

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    BFE Nevada/San Marcos Tx
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1270
    Likes (Received)
    716

    Default

    Is there an app for that

    Lets see, Uber takes about 70% of each transaction, so based on that model we would all be crazy not to sign up

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    19,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14754
    Likes (Received)
    14905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rigved View Post
    I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know about McPond.com - think of us as Airbnb for Machines.

    So if you are lacking in machines to build things, you can use McPond to gain access to the machines you need. It's also great passive income if you have idle machines just sitting around collecting dust.

    Overall, we believe it's a platform that will benefit the manufacturing industry to have this kind of symbiotic relationships and enhance social interaction within the industry.

    Companies from multiple cities have listed their machines. It really is the perfect opportunity to make extra money if you have idle machines. There's no cost to list your machines, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator.

    McPond, our vision is to inspire companies and entrepreneurs who want to build things but can’t afford to buy or do not have the space for required machinery. At the same time assist manufacturers to utilize idle machines and earn incremental revenue.

    Inspire manufacturing by being a part of our strong peer-to-peer manufacturing community that brings an opportunity for everyone.

    Factory owners, manufacturers, and entrepreneurs—let's grow together!

    For more information please visit www.mcpond.com or contact [email protected] or call (312) 761-4490

    Notice how there's always some bunch of bullshit spouting fuckers who want a skim of the poor sod who actually uses his brain and gets his hands dirty producing something.

    to mcpond.com ;- go f'k yourself and the horses you rode in on.

  13. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    7,917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    858
    Likes (Received)
    3777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dumpster_diving View Post
    I'm guessing FK nailed it. Your time comes with the machine just like the Uber driver comes with the car.

    So really no different than mfg.com.

    I too am interested to hear how McPond takes a simple transaction model (Uber driver, take me to x location where everyone agrees what the task is without a bunch of negotiating) and translates it to a complex transaction model (Machinist, take complex raw materials and make them into a complex part meeting complex tolerance requirements).
    Maybe I am confused, to me it seems they are only renting out the machine, it doesn't come with an operator. The Bridgeport is listed at $4 an hour.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    19,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14754
    Likes (Received)
    14905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmachine View Post
    Millennials are going to rule the world...if you would just go with it!
    Not while I've breath in my body.

  15. Likes Ray Behner liked this post
  16. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    47
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default

    "Companies from multiple cities have listed their machines. It really is the perfect opportunity to make extra money if you have idle machines. There's no cost to list your machines, here's no cost to list your machines, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator. "

    From the original post

  17. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Posts
    553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    176
    Likes (Received)
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Maybe I am confused, to me it seems they are only renting out the machine, it doesn't come with an operator. The Bridgeport is listed at $4 an hour.
    It comes with operator! 10 hr min (1 day), tooling extra - profit gouging mill owners and overpaid operators....
    A decent size obi for 8/hr.. operator included? is electricity free everywhere but here?
    Laser cutter thinks there is only one (500 hr?)- 1/2" max???!

  18. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    4,700
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    809
    Likes (Received)
    1937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmachine View Post
    Millennials are going to rule the world...if you would just go with it!
    Well ya, duh. All you boomers and gen-x'ers are gonna die off at some point.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  19. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    16,614
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmachine View Post
    I don't know why you guys aren't getting it
    You supply your machine and operator to people without the capital and resources....get it?
    What could go wrong?
    What a great concept!
    Millennials are going to rule the world...if you would just go with it!
    You first !

    Go ahead, put your shop in the ring.

  20. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    7,917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    858
    Likes (Received)
    3777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmachine View Post
    "Companies from multiple cities have listed their machines. It really is the perfect opportunity to make extra money if you have idle machines. There's no cost to list your machines, here's no cost to list your machines, the machine wouldn’t leave your premises and it will be operated by your own operator. "

    From the original post
    How can you rent an operator and a Bridgeport for $4 an hour? It shows USA locations, not 3rd world countries.

  21. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    282
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    49
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default

    The premise is the Bridgeport is idle so you are getting $0/hr now.
    Same goes for the operator only it is worse. You are paying him X/hr and he is idle so you are losing money unless you take on this job. Brilliant!!!

  22. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    2,605
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    813

    Default

    Hey,give the guy a break.......I got lots of machines I would rent out for $4 an hour.......you would need to supply yer own lektrickery,tho,cause they are out in the yard.......How about the old dragline .....branch into construction......or with the demo ball,branch into destruction........Keep up the good work......

  23. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Western Mass
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    47
    Likes (Received)
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    You first !

    Go ahead, put your shop in the ring.
    Absolutely....the moment they are idle!

  24. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Country
    SPAIN
    Posts
    3,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2189
    Likes (Received)
    1456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Notice how there's always some bunch of bullshit spouting fuckers who want a skim of the poor sod who actually uses his brain and gets his hands dirty producing something.

    to mcpond.com ;- go f'k yourself and the horses you rode in on.
    Hahaha!
    I just feel this needs quoting again

  25. Likes Limy Sami liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •