What's new
What's new

ME Threadpal is amazing!

Joe Miranda

Titanium
I bought the ME Threadpal from MRainey a few years ago (I don't really remember how long exactly). I use it ALL the time. It is so cool to be able to get the measurements over wires for various thread sizes with a few inputs. Amazing! This is not a paid endorsement - I don't even know MRainey except from this forum. For those of you who are like me and do all kinds of threads and don't want to pay for or sit on a bunch of thread gages this is really cool software. Just sayin'

Yes it is. I've had it for quite a # of years.

I also put off buying it for years, and then one
day I had 3 oddball threads to deal with, and I
broke down and bought it.

Just the time saved not having to go dig up
oddball specs, or find the machinery handbook,
and not having to calculate wires for oddball
threads etc... It paid for itself within a week.

Good stuff.

I have it too - great piece of software, I don't remember the price but it wasn't much and it's worth every penny.

Only criticism I could come up with is there are a few threads I've had to do that it didn't have. I think metric STI was one of them? Maybe I am remembering wrong....

Only criticism I could come up with is there are a few threads I've had to do that it didn't have. I think metric STI was one of them? Maybe I am remembering wrong....

You are misremembering.
Metric STI-s are under the " ISO Threaded Insert 60d" selection.

And to add, the absolute best feature of ThreadPAL is that the values are not a lookup from a database, but rather calculated based on the appropriate formula.
IOW, one can come up with any bastard thread ( Like 2.3125-36-UNS :toetap: ), and still get the perfectly calculated sizes and limits for the male and female members.

Aye.. ThreadPal and NC-Plot are the cat's meow in a machine shop.

You are misremembering.
Metric STI-s are under the " ISO Threaded Insert 60d" selection.

And to add, the absolute best feature of ThreadPAL is that the values are not a lookup from a database, but rather calculated based on the appropriate formula.
IOW, one can come up with any bastard thread ( Like 2.3125-36-UNS :toetap: ), and still get the perfectly calculated sizes and limits for the male and female members.

Aye.. ThreadPal and NC-Plot are the cat's meow in a machine shop.

Thanks for that tip!

One other critism I *do* remember because it got me again this week... when I want, say a #10-24 STI thread, it isn't listed as #10 but rather it's a .1900-24 thread. For UN threads, there is the "SIZES" box but it doesn't have the STI sizes listed. Again, maybe I am doing something wrong (which would be great since it means my problem will be solved!) :)

Is anyone aware of what the current status for Mr. Rainey and ThreadPal is? The website is mostly broken and I haven't received a response via email. I was hoping to buy some additional licenses for the shop.

Is anyone aware of what the current status for Mr. Rainey and ThreadPal is? The website is mostly broken and I haven't received a response via email. I was hoping to buy some additional licenses for the shop.
Click on his name in his previous post and you will see that he went silent in 2020. Covid?

mrainey​

Stainless · 75 · From Spartanburg, South Carolina
Joined Jul 25, 2004
Last seen Nov 27, 2020

Larry

How long since you've emailed? His profile says he'd be 75 years old. Hopefully he's okay and just on vacation or something.

He replied to a tech support question within an hour in June of 2022. Emailed him a month ago and again this morning. Not upset or anything just like ThreaPal. Hoping all is well. He was always very helpful.
Let us know if you hear anything. I’d like to put the program on another pc. I don’t use it often but it pays for itself every time I do.

In case MR's software is no longer available for whatever reason and people need a viable alternative, look at QMSYS Threads / Threads and Gauges from Qualisyst. I'd say that it's a superior product, but it's also likely more expensive - Qualisyst publish their prices on their website, but I don't remember what Threadpal cost when it was available.

The developer/seller appears to have not come out the other side of Wuhan Flue unscathed.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Last edited:

Back