What's new
What's new

Can anyone help me get a Bridgeport crated and shipped in MA?

Maxim

Stainless
I'm interested in getting a nice BP but the machine is in Massachusetts and I'm in Colorado.

How much would it cost to get a third party to crate the machine and ship it to a terminal in Denver?

I think shipping should be around $800? Not sure on the crating?

Anyone familiar with these things? BP is in a commercial shop, I'm pretty sure they have a loading dock.

I'm interested in getting a nice BP but the machine is in Massachusetts and I'm in Colorado.

How much would it cost to get a third party to crate the machine and ship it to a terminal in Denver?

I think shipping should be around $800? Not sure on the crating?

Anyone familiar with these things? BP is in a commercial shop, I'm pretty sure they have a loading dock.
Maxim,
I used ACE Crating in Lowell MA. to crate a heavy 10 lathe for me and send to Houston Texas. They did an excellent job. They shrink wrapped lathe before bolting to skid and then built plywood box around machine.
I then had shipping company, UPS pick up there and ship to me.
I can look up number if you need.
John

Machine too large for a reasonable crate...doesn't need it anyway. Oversize skid and stretch wrap should do for common carrier, but if shipped open flat bed don't even need a skid.

A bridgeport with a 42" table will fit in a 48X48X6 ft tall crate. I bolt the machine to the skid then build the crate around it.

John Fahnestock
J&L Scraping Service
508 892-4856

Back