What's new
What's new

metal jewlery weight on skin?

rons

Diamond
I was asked at a parts counter about what happens if a person's daughter stops wearing those heavy metal ear rings that are pulling her ear lobes to about a inch longer. Will the skin shrink back if she stops wearing the metal?

I said I don't have any experience with that. Reminds me of the people who insert big plates behind their lips and want to convert back.

No real experience, but if they’re young enough I would expect their skin is elastic enough that it would.

All I know is I have a tan line and permanent indent from my wedding ring.

Its not like this is some new problem- women (and men) have been wearing earrings for ten thousand years or so.
One of the very first things plastic surgeons started doing, when they became popular, is fixing elongated earring holes.
Its a very common procedure, outpatient, cheap, and fast. I know people who have had it done, its around $500 an ear.
There are doctors in my area who advertise heavily to do this surgery.

Most likely you have met people who have had it done.

Its not like this is some new problem- women (and men) have been wearing earrings for ten thousand years or so.
One of the very first things plastic surgeons started doing, when they became popular, is fixing elongated earring holes.
Its a very common procedure, outpatient, cheap, and fast. I know people who have had it done, its around $500 an ear.
There are doctors in my area who advertise heavily to do this surgery.

Most likely you have met people who have had it done.

Sounds easy enough. I bet most people here could do it. Snip out a section and sew up the leftovers. Minimizing scaring might be a bit trickier.

Back