What's new
What's new

Metallic-SolarSphere-V.5M

Wolfram-G

Plastic
Hello together,

I would like to introduce you to my new project.
I call it Metallic-SolarSphere-V.5M.
It's an almost wearfree rotating sphere.
Because of magnets on the shaft and the substructure, it is able to float.

So i would be glad, if you watch my video and tell me your opinion.

Have fun

best regards from
Wolfram

More information at:
Projekte

Man I just don’t even know where to start on this! I really appreciate the very DRAMATIC editing work you’ve done here. It really adds an appreciation for dramatically gazing into the distance in my back yard as a mortgage priced novelty toy spins DRAMATICALLY. 9.5/10 If you change out the threaded rod I’d give you a 10. I mean with all of that work done to make this ..shape, why use a threaded rod, I mean come on!

If you are in fact looking for actual opinions...
1. Why?
2. What?
3. Seriously, threaded rod is a dealbreaker.
4. Again, why? But differently.
5. I would say decent Design work but really that shape is just some extrusions mirrored and anyone can make a THREADED ROD. I guess, good animation work?
6. For a completely impractical and useless novelty item, less DRAMATIC music and scenery is probably a good idea.
7. Finally, why? But again, differently.

I see it is designed for men no women in the picture at all. I doubt milenials would look up from their phones long enough to notice. Now if it was a screen saver they would watch it all the time.
Bill D

Watch starting at 3:04
YouTube

*Ahem*

Clearly, the threaded rod is intended as a gritty industrial juxtaposition to the shiny spheroid, and meant to contrast the immaculate glass base with its solar panel, which screams out for attention to signal virtue, and draw the eye.

Sorry, my buddy dragged me out to the Institute of Contemporary Arts in Boston last weekend, so I got some practice digging deep to find explanations for anything :crazy:

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your opinions.

I used a "threaded rod", because it is easier to position the magnets.

The "Solar Sphere" serves only as a demonstration object. I did not invent it to supply external consumers with electrical energy.

@Bill D
Of course it is made for everyone. ��

Sincerely
Wolfram

of all the faux artistic reasons stated above, all and any are better than 'it is easier'. Craftsmanship and details matter. Etsy vs Galleries vs Museums.

Now that you know where the magnets need to be you can make a new polished rod to match the rest of the piece. I'd probably glue the magnets in place so that there were no hex nuts or any other obvious hardware store parts in sight.

Very interesting project,I like the shape of the figure that you used. And the fact that there is solar charging makes it very easy and makes this product more economical. My friends are engaged in the production of products with the introduction of solar panels in them, just like you. They said that they used special lightweight solar samui panels because they are the easiest to work with. I would advise you to make your product a little cheaper because your work should not make people think about how much money they will spend on this piece of decor. Every Director would probably want something like this put it on the Desk in the office and enjoy its silent movements and elegance.

Very interesting project,I like the shape of the figure that you used. And the fact that there is solar charging makes it very easy and makes this product more economical. My friends are engaged in the production of products with the introduction of solar panels in them, just like you. They said that they used will kill all spammers dead in 5 seconds or less because they are the easiest to work with. I would advise you to make your product a little cheaper because your work should not make people think about how much money they will spend on this piece of decor. Every Director would probably want something like this put it on the Desk in the office and enjoy its silent movements and elegance.
Very stoopid attempt at spamming …..

Back