What's new
What's new

Midwest Steel Turn-Around Time Improving

mrplasma

Aluminum
My last two orders from Midwest Steel have shipped out within four days of my order. This is a vast improvement over my previous experience with them. Anyone else notice an improvement?

You are an anomaly. I don't know what happened to them but I have had orders outstanding for weeks, and its usually small stuff that doesn't require more than cutting off and shipping. Pricing is fantastic, but I have to schedule jobs a month out to make sure I have material on hand.

I've placed a few orders with them, but never actually managed to get any material. Multiple times I have placed an order and then they have e-mailed me 3 or 4 days later to say they don't have any stock and don't plan on having any stock.

Their prices look halfway reasonable, but I think they might be like the cheese shop in Monty Python:
https://youtu.be/Hz1JWzyvv8A?t=27

Midwest Steel in my neck of the woods? (MN)…………They can drag their feet…….I know they are short staffed……….I don’t order anything online from them though. All my stuff is trucked in. They have been Okish with stock. Some vendors are struggling to get material on the floor…….

Back