What's new
What's new

Milacron

Status
Not open for further replies.

elysianfield

Cast Iron
Well, Milacron, how the hell could you call this a home-shop item when it hasn't even been identified? If you know what it is, let us all know.

P.S. Tried to PM you regarding Sean, but your box "runneth over"

yeah I didn't get that either....looked far more heavy duty than something for one of the machines who's names shall not be uttered. Not every day or decision is going to be perfect.....hopefully someone recognizes it

I have to agree, your not a hobby guy (huge lathe, Hardinge in back, J head rebuild) and you just want to know what the thing is. Although most likely the brand shall not be spoken it does look to be from a larger bench lathe possibly of that make.

It's obviously had a motor change because the paint doesn't match and the motor has a shaft out each end. Maybe milcon had a bad day.

If that was an attachment for a craftsman lathe, it weighed twice as much as the machine it bolted onto! You'd probably break something on the lathe just trying to move the carriage with that thing bolted on. I'm guessing the motor was replaced at some point with the unmentionable part. Then again, I don't have time for this debate, I need to get back to reading posts from all the guys who need advice because they've never run a machine before and need to know what a lathe is for.

It's like this, PM is Milacrons sandbox and only he poops in it, IMO PM isn't a democracy, more a ''relatively'' benign dictatorship.

Don't take it personally, we've all had our wrists slapped.

FWIW, "Dunlap" was a second tier brand for Sears; much like "Companion" in more recent years.

Still a mystery, though. The motor may have been re-purposed from something else. Could have been for slotting and light milling on the lathe -- which would put it in the half-century old hobbyist to light commercial category.

To avoid the heartbreak of getting your hopes up and almost getting an answer to questions like this -- next time be sure to call it an Atlas lathe accessory.

Ah I see.. so that some good may come of this thread. How the hell do you rename links like you did? I tried to do that today, couldn't figure out how..

Brent

It looks like the other thread was closed due to people talking/mentioning atlas/craftsman lathes as a possibility.
Not that your device is a home grade tool.

My take anyway.

Rob

It looks like the other thread was closed due to people talking/mentioning atlas/craftsman lathes as a possibility.
Not that your device is a home grade tool.
Even worse, Dunlap...the lowest of the low....all home shop grade stuff. So now we close it again for the same stuff coming up again, plus the meaningless topic title. Maybe sneak the thread in the antique forum if you are still dying to talk about it here on PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back