What's new
What's new

Mitutoyo KA-200 tutorials needed

DonaldY

Plastic
Greetings,
I just replaced an Acu-Rite Vue DRO with a Mitutoyo KA-200 on my 17X33 lathe. I had purchased the wrong resolution scale for the X axis for the Acu-rite unit which only gave .0004" dia resolution. I also found the LCD screen to be a bit slow responding and I would overrun my goal. I had a Mitutoyo before but the third and last available power supply died and that was when I purchased the Acu-Rite unit.
So I am back in the Mitutoyo fold and trying to learn the ins and outs of the new DRO system. One feature I haven't been able to find, if it exists, is a way for all the Z settings to change by the same amount and at the same time. For example, I face the new part, part 2, in the lathe and the Z needs reset by .050" due to a slightly different stick-out of the part. All of the other tools have been set to match the original facing dimension on part 1 so now they all need to be adjusted by the new number. On the Acu-rite hitting the main axis key performed this task. So far I haven't been able to do this with the Mitutoyo.

Thoughts.

I would also be interested in any other tips using the KA-200 DRO unit.

I have devoured these two videos on YouTube which helped start me off.

Mitutoyo KA Counter - Top 4 Tips for Machine Shops - YouTube

KA 200 Counter Linear Scale Demo - YouTube

Thanks

Donald

Back