What's new
What's new

Mobil Vactra #1 in gallon container?

beeser

Cast Iron
I can't seem to find Mobil Vactra #1 in a 1 gallon container. Vactra #2 is no problem. Why so?

Can't comment on Vactra #1, but you can't get DTE Light in gallon containers anymore either. 5 gallon containers minimum.

Can't comment on Vactra #1, but you can't get DTE Light in gallon containers anymore either. 5 gallon containers minimum.

Yes. One can. I buy mine here;

Mobil DTE Light Turbine Oil, 1 Gallon, from Mobil, oil-dte-light - Chief Aircraft Inc.

They also carry it in QUARTS:

Mobil DTE Light Turbine Oil, 1 Quart, from Mobil, oil-dte-light-qt - Chief Aircraft Inc.

Vactra #1 OTOH, is really uncommon vs #2, and wot uses it "generally" rather larger equipment, so a 55 Gal drum would not be unrealistic. 5 Gal pail is common.

Last edited:
https://www.mscdirect.com/product/d...adTerm=vactra&typahddsp=#2 VACTRA&hdrsrh=true

Or call some local machine shops, they probably have a 55 gallon barrel and give you some, they may have some shorts they will give you too.

? You linked Vactra #2, Rich.

Vactra #1 can sell at over a thousand bucks a 55 gal drum. Even Philips 66 equivalent is nearly $600 / 55 gal.

Mobil Vactra No. 1 Equivalent

So "give?" Doubtful. "Sell?" only maybe.

5 gal pails OTOH, are all over the place. Even Amazon lists 'em.

Just bite the bullet.

Or stalk eBay for those already re-packaging many of these lubes into ounces, half-pints, quarts, and such.

And marking up the per-unit price to cover their costs.

Of course.

I was looking for some Vactra #1 way oil last month and found an equivalent in 5 gallons on Amazon.
"Miles Qs Way Lube Ext Lite ISO 32 Way and Slide Lubricant" - $64.80 for five gallons.

I was looking for some Vactra #1 way oil last month and found an equivalent in 5 gallons on Amazon.
"Miles Qs Way Lube Ext Lite ISO 32 Way and Slide Lubricant" - $64.80 for five gallons.

Wow! And free shipping too for Prime members. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it performs the same as the Mobil Vactra.

Back