What's new
What's new

MODERATORS - Has CAMSCAN Been Banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limy Sami

Diamond
I've just had him on the phone and he can't log in etc etc, …..I've looked and all his recent posts have disappeared.

Please can we know what's happened.

Safe to say someone has deleted his forum account,I suspect that he's only the first one and won't be the last one.

I hope not. Perhaps it's just a database corruption, but banning someone should be an absolute last resort, only due to a profound violation such as personal threats of violence. Banning someone for being an ass or for differing political views is bullshit...

I hope not. Perhaps it's just a database corruption, but banning someone should be an absolute last resort, only due to a profound violation such as personal threats of violence. Banning someone for being an ass or for differing political views is bullshit...

Others have been banned permanently, but the post's are still here "Heavey Metal" comes to mind.

I agree. I'm dead against banning unless the person involved is advocating violence etc. Not agreeing with my views on any subject is fine by me.

Regards Tyrone.

I used to get put on timeout on two forums I no longer go to. They had very biased moderating. I was always sent an e-mail that I was suspended, and a message would appear when I tried to log in. I think we have a glitch if he wasn't notified or got a message when logging in. If he did get banned that is BS. That will be one less person to reminisce about cam machines with.

I agree. I'm dead against banning unless the person involved is advocating violence etc. Not agreeing with my views on any subject is fine by me.

Regards Tyrone.

I would ban people for obsessive trolling if their trolling came with constant insults. There is no reason to constantly belittle people just because you have different view points. Some of those aren't even over politics.

Last edited:
Last I noticed was a few days ago, he posted in a thread (I forget which one) in the Metrology section, complaining that his post in that thread had been deleted. I have no idea what the deleted post contained.

When Barbter got banned I was forced to eat my words as it turned it out it was actually Milacron that banned him (Gordon's obvious involvement notwithstanding).

I'm not inclined to give anyone the benefit of the doubt this time, no way it's a database glitch, and no way it's a coincidence that this comes immediately after another squabble in the metrology sub.. I might at a stretch believe "account accidentally deleted while attempting to place ban"

PM has became extremely relaxed over the years. I got a 7 day bad back in 08 for having Obama as an avatar by Don. This is when Don and I worked at the same shop 15 feet from one another! I asked him the next day at work why, He said no politics or political discussions on PM. I took my punishment and relaxed for 7 days. Then took a few years off while I was in China only to come back and see Don is very seldom here and the "General" forum seems to be one big political pissing contest!

I have to say I miss PI's knowledge on here as he was a top Fanuc GURU. But I did understand Don whacking him for advertising his hub for pirated software.

Not sure if Camscan did anything

No - he's completely disappeared / gone / no sign of etc etc etc
It doesnt look good for our boy :(
It is clear from our investigations that the man in question viewed an officers profile one too many times! This sort of behaviour will not be tolerated!! He is to be detained at Butlitz with no internet access for further questioning, any attempt to escape by 'creating new account' will be met with the harshest of penalities!!! Heil me...
Butlitz.jpg

I wonder if Ox has the ability to look into what's going on here? Didn't Gordon get deleted once? When he came back many of his didn't come with him. I know he had many many more posts than it shows as his post count now.

Now that I think about I remember the guy from Michigan Big B went MIA for a bit once. I searched for him and he wasn't on the members roster either. He's back now so hopefully this is just temporary?

Brent

Just went back and looked in threads I would have though he contributed to and I found no trace of him. I can not remember anything that he posted being ban worthy. Almost like a glitch took him out. If so maybe a back up could bring him back.
Almost think he contributed to this thread but can not prove it as my memory is getting faulty:
Brown and Sharpe Balance Turning Tool Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back