What's new
What's new

motor controller enclosure, flush into cabinet, name

Bill D

Diamond
I am trying to find a type of dust proof motor controller cabinet,box, or enclosure that sits flush into a hole cut into a metal cabinet. Something like a NEMA 2 size. This will be adapted to a tablesaw so all the wiring is hidden but I can take the cover off and do the wiring from the outside. Similar to how a home light switch is installed.
I do not know what to call such a box or enclosure so I can search for it. Flush mount seems to just be breaker boxes.
Bill D.

I believe the NEMA numbers indicate the environment rating of the enclosure, nothing to do with the physical size.

I would call them 'flush mount electrical enclosures'..but those items are usually large and even used, they aren't cheap. You can easily weld flanges on a small enclosure of your choice and make your own flush mount box..right!

Stuart

I am trying to find a type of dust proof motor controller cabinet,box, or enclosure that sits flush into a hole cut into a metal cabinet. Something like a NEMA 2 size. This will be adapted to a tablesaw so all the wiring is hidden but I can take the cover off and do the wiring from the outside. Similar to how a home light switch is installed.
I do not know what to call such a box or enclosure so I can search for it. Flush mount seems to just be breaker boxes.
Bill D.

Did you peruse the Hoffman website ?

Most manufacturers of motor starters sell the cans separately for their products. Not every motor starter gets mounted in a separate stand alone enclosure, so . . . . Good luck.

Back