What's new
What's new

Moving a Moore G18

jdierking

Plastic
Made a little impulse buy on an online auction tonight and am leaving at the crack of dawn to go pick up a Moore g18 jig grinder. I have straps, chains, cribbing, all loaded up. Anything else I need? I see something about supporting the counterweight? Does the G18 have a lifting eye or a spot for one? They claim to have a forklift on site.

I don't think I got hurt too bad:

Oldham Auctions

A little over 4k with some other accessories I picked up.

The machine comes with a long eyebolt which can be screwed into the top of the upright and through the hydraulic lines.I think it's a one inch eight thread.It is stored lnside the bottom rear cover plate.Round steel bars can be inserted through the holes in the base and used for lifting or moving.Call Mike at Moore Special Tool Company for more info.

From the auction photos looks like a shop that took care of there machinery and tooling. Looking at all the vices I think I only saw one that had been touched by a drill.

Didn't find the long eye bolt stashed anywhere, but we got a regular one to work. Got it moved without incident. Looks even better than the pictures. Also got the rotary table and bracket. Didn't get the desk/chest that went with it though. Somebody wanted it for furniture real bad.

I'm getting ready to move a Moore #2 jig grinder and was wondering what size the threads for the lifting eye is? I live 2 hours away so I want to be pre paired if the factory lifting ring is missing. Is there anything else I need to remove, secure or block up before moving?

Back