What's new
What's new

OSG Taps???

Can'tWeld

Aluminum
Guys couple weeks ago I had ask about a quality tap for using on stainless steel 316.It was recommended to buy OSG.So I went shopping on auction site found several new taps but the country of origin are different.Found some made here in states,some made in Japan and some made in Mexico.My question is,is the quality the same?Prices are little high no matter what country but is the quality the same?Just want to know before I drop top dollar for any of these taps of different countrys.Thanks guys

Guys couple weeks ago I had ask about a quality tap for using on stainless steel 316.It was recommended to buy OSG.So I went shopping on auction site found several new taps but the country of origin are different.Found some made here in states,some made in Japan and some made in Mexico.My question is,is the quality the same?Prices are little high no matter what country but is the quality the same?Just want to know before I drop top dollar for any of these taps of different countrys.Thanks guys

Do you know for sure that the taps you are getting are for 316? OSG makes taps for specific materials. Why don't you buy from a proper tooling supplier. They will have people that know the product and will get you the right stuff. I don't mean msc, I buy from Columbus Service Supply and Tools For Industry. Both these places beat msc's prices and have application engineers that know what they are doing and won't steer you wrong. A bit of research should find the same sort of supplier in your area.

1/2-20 UNF, 3 Flute, H5, TiCN Finish, Vanadium High Speed Steel Spiral Point Tap
Plug Chamfer, Right Hand Thread, 3-3/8" OAL, 1-21/32" Thread Length, 0.367" Shank Diam, 2B Class of Fit, Series 300
This is the tap,but the country of origin is in question I can't see it in their description

Osg are high quality. They have a factory a few miles from my wshop in UK and will make custom taps with a short turn around.

I hate msc as even over here they have killed the independents who knew the trade and had a lifetime of experience. Msc call centre know less than my cat

We are an agent for the distributors for OSG over here. GO TO A PROPER SUPPLIER as others have said.
To me it does not matter where they were made as long as it is original OSG, the quality is up there.
If you go to a distributor ask for discount, don't keep your mouth shut. I don't know what our suppliers get as a discount from OSG but we get a pretty decent one from their list price so we can make something off it.

You went to an auction and the prices are still a little high for you?
Then don't look at the regular prices from a supplier. lol.
Look on their website for the taps made for stainless, this way at least you know what to look for.
Personally I wouldn't put much stock into taps from an auction.

We run OSG taps pretty much across the board and they all have different country labels on the packaging. They all work really well too.

That being said, we buy ours from a proper supplier. Wouldn't do it any other way...especially with taps.

Prices are little high no matter what country but is the quality the same?Just want to know before I drop top dollar for any of these taps of different countrys.Thanks guys

As long as the taps don't come from one of those factory cities with on-site living quarters you are ok.

Companies with good reputations will have identical manufacturing processes in different countries. (not China)

Back