What's new
What's new

My collet rack, sensible arrangement for fast finding of collets

laminar-flow

Stainless
About 30 years ago I made a collet rack for my 5C collets. I wanted a sensible arrangement that would allow me to find the right collet really fast. This is what I came up with. The bottom row is 1/16, 1/8, 3/16, etc. The next row up is 32nds, and the next row is 64ths. The very top row is for square and hex and misc. So as you go right, the always increase in size but on different rows, except the square and hex. Thought I would share this since recently a few people have thought it really neat.

It would be really awesome if you had a picture. Someone will probably post even better than mine… but mine wins because the PM users can SEE it!
3f0fa8c4290ba59c654ea813603ca4fd.jpg

This was one of the COVID projects that let me away from the worst of the spiraling. It’s a lazy Susan, because it wasn’t extra enough with only four or five erroneous indexing head processes…

I think the lathe tool-holder??! holder??? Is a better blend of form AND function:
ded9981a29cba5deff8bd11f267afc04.jpg

My “Super-Duper-Why-is-it-so-fancy??!!??” chuck-key definitely falls under the more form than function category.

Do a search for how to post pictures and show me up.

Be safe

Jeremy

Back