What's new
What's new

Flynn FH-15 Boring and Facing head questions

dkmc

Diamond
I'm looking for information on the operation of these units, and/or possibly an operation-owners manual?

I googled to no avail, there seems to be nothing out on the web about these units. The phone number for Flynn Tool is disconnected, and their web page says they hope to have their new site up in 2017.
SO......

What I know....
There is a plunger down inside the allen key hex for the slide adjustment. You have to push the key into the hex to unlock the screw and turn it. There are radial holes around the knurled ring. One is just a smooth hole probably for a spanner. The other 4 have slotted screws at the bottom.
Pushing in on the lock pin and turning the knurled ring, the slide screw 'sorta' turns a bit. I hear gear teeth that sound like they aren't quite engaged.

Hoping someone on here has some experience with these.
Questions: Does the shank thread onto the head? How is the facing feed 'engaged"?
I plan to take it apart to clean and lube, but it looks like the shank has to come off first.

IMG_20191013_183450.jpgIMG_20191013_183541.jpg

The one I worked on 12 years ago may not have been the facing version. The shank was threaded something like UNF or UNS.
Pretty sure there was a threadlock compound and the threads were left hand......
I have the adjustment screw still.
John

Back