What's new
What's new

My Heart Attack 6 Month Update

Limy Sami

Diamond
For those interested, (folk were very kind at the time, which was very much appreciated) and since it’s to the very day ( 17:00 GMT 12th July 2018) a 6 month sit rep.

For starters, take it from me, you definitely do not want a heart attack! ………..and I’m assured that it’s never too late to start taking more care of yourself. .???

On the whole I’m doing okay, but it’s a plain fact, that at 63 and with my other medical conditions, it will never be as good as it was.

On the upside, the medication’s keeping things under control, most of my confidence has returned, and I’ve completed the cardiac rehab course, and am doing more exercise daily, like not getting in the car for the 1.2 mile round trip to the local store, I’m also doing my best with my diet.
I’ve also managed to stay off tobacco (and without putting and axe/ hammer / prybar though someone’s head :D ) ………….which if I say so myself, after 50 years smoking – ain’t bad going.

The biggest downside is lack of energy and stamina, which means I have fewer hours a day / week in which to make a living, so the cloth has to be cut accordingly ????

Thankyou for your time and take care

Sami

Sami,

Glad to hear you doing so well. I always tell people that even with all the troubles in the world today if you have health issues these are wonderful times we live in. And it's only been six months when you report back in another six months you will be feeling much better than you do today.

Congratulations on the 6 month anniversary of your second life. Keep your spirits up so we can toast many more anniversaries.

Sami, good report on your health and glad you gave an update . . . and all the more so that it is a positive update!

Glad also that you were able to overcome the tobacco habit. Very few accomplish quitting having smoked as long as you had.

Back in the 1970's they used to show us a film in school called "I am Joe's heart".

And smoking was discussed allot, showing all the things it did to "Joe's Heart".

On the whole I’m doing okay, but it’s a plain fact, that at 63 and with my other medical conditions, it will never be as good as it was.

On the upside, the medication’s keeping things under control, most of my confidence has returned, and I’ve completed the cardiac rehab course, and am doing more exercise daily, like not getting in the car for the 1.2 mile round trip to the local store, I’m also doing my best with my diet.

There is a video on YouTube called "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer". You can cure yourself without drugs. Watch it, what do you have to lose?

Sami,

Like everyone on this site, I'm delighted you're prospering. Please continue to do so. But one of your comments requires response. You said "it will never be as good as it was" Well, my friend, that's been true for each of us since we were sixteen.

Best,

Ron

Good on yer Sami. You've paid enough tobacco tax to be getting some of it back from the NHS. Make sure you get your bit from the pension as well!

Regards Mark. (Stopped paying tobacco tax in 2002, but still paying too much alcohol tax)

Good to hear you are doing well Sami. Keep off the tobacco. I quit on Feb 23, 2018 after 32 years of smoking. The first 3 months were the worst, while a craving still surfaces from time to time it fades considerably after the first 6 months.

Good to hear you're doing ok. Don't stress yourself by trying to be 'your old self' again work with what you've got , and yourself at least a year to recover .

Stay away from the fags !

Bill
That's exactly right. For me, I just spend a little more time planning projects and once I start... I NEVER have a deadline. I always say it takes me about 4 times longer to do what I did before my injury, and that on a good day. The bottom line is that I'm doing something and I get a sense of accomplishment when I finish.

Glad to hear you are doing well. I had mine at 56 years old & they told me it may be up to a year to get back to full steam. Had a 6 way bypass & was back at work in 28 days. Took about 8 months for old energy to get rolling again. That was 6 years ago. Take care & manage stress.

Back