What's new
What's new

My HEM Sidewinder auto saw won't run auto any more

kustomizer

Diamond
It will run one part at a time then stops. I called HEM, they had me pull the top off and unplug the counter and off it goes running as it should, minus the countdown counter. The counter is no longer available as the saw just turned 19, They have a replacement, digital version that requires making the hole bigger and is almost $700. I decided to look on google and ebay, I found a couple like the one that came with my saw and found some from $1400 to $2800 so I thought I should look inside as the counting part seems to work fine making the only possible problem a switch. Inside is a subminiature lever limit switch available on Amazon for 8 bucks so I ordered a couple. I will report back when I have the switches swapped and hopefully my saw running again.

Sounds like the $300 Hurco numeric key pad that stopped working. Drilled out the brass rivets that held it together, wiped the dirt off the contacts and put it back together with a few screws... I still have the new $300 one in a box on the shelf. Hope you are successful!

I repaired one for a friend, just tore out their controls and put in a cheap plc. Better functionality, and no more expensive parts. Nice saws!

Back