My Radio Silence - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Sami!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sending Best Wishes and thoughts to you and yours across the pond for a successful treatment and recovery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dgfoster View Post
    Oh, and I do object to being tarred as a liar letting self-interest corrupt 40 years of primary care medical practice. Let’s see, just how did people getting cancer benefit me as a family doc? Oh, that’s right, I was under the thumb of regulators not to speak out. Good one! And on and on it goes.
    Denis
    Denis, thank you for your (health) service in your career as a doctor.

And take some comfort in knowing that person you were responding to is our resident neo-nazi wannabe, so likely has a thing against doctors as he figures they're all Jewish. EOL care for him should be fun, with all the minorities and ausländer in the caregiving mix...

4. Likes dgfoster, Gordon Heaton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

All the best, chum.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Conspiracy theory peddlers use identical methods (and often themselves believe the hoax’s) regardless of the concept espoused. And they never can support their position with any legitimate data as their idea has to be kept secret by someone or some group benefitting from ignorance. And so the circular “reasoning” persists. There is one small problem with claiming that MD’s worldwide conspire on this issue to “make bank.” The reason I pointed out that, virtually every major country in the world agrees on diet not being a major factor and that colon cancer screening is valuable is that Canada, Britain, and France have nationalized health care. So the vested interest in those countries is to reduce cost. Still their research finds the same results and makes the same recommendations. Oh well, that will soon be “explained” here. Oh, and I do object to being tarred as a liar letting self-interest corrupt 40 years of primary care medical practice. Let’s see, just how did people getting cancer benefit me as a family doc? Oh, that’s right, I was under the thumb of regulators not to speak out. Good one! And on and on it goes.

In summary, I hope folks will take a moment to inform themselves regarding the benefit of appropriate colon cancer screening. It will not prevent all colon cancer nor prevent all late-stage disease. But, it does reduce development of colon cancer and late-stage disease significantly

At this point I will leave this thread as it is pointless to argue with conspiracy theorists and I regret taking the focus off Limy who, by the way, has been ever the gentleman and source of wisdom on this forum. I look forward to reading his thoughtful and well-informed posts for many many years to come. Best wishes and hopes for a speedy and full recovery.

Denis
    I will just ask. With Cardio vascular disease isn’t it quite effective to follow a Dean Ornish diet? Granted doctors see most are not able to do it totally. To say they are all modest in effect might be true considering the diets evaluated.

At the very least regardless of the education and training which we have I think the point intent was to highlight that Cognitive bias plays a role in the construct of what we believe. We must guard against how it can adversely effect our decisions. It is hard to do because of pride.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Conspiracy theory peddlers use identical methods (and often themselves believe the hoax’s) regardless of the concept espoused. And they never can support their position with any legitimate data as their idea has to be kept secret by someone or some group benefitting from ignorance. And so the circular “reasoning” persists. There is one small problem with claiming that MD’s worldwide conspire on this issue to “make bank.” The reason I pointed out that, virtually every major country in the world agrees on diet not being a major factor and that colon cancer screening is valuable ...
    *snip*

Let us not put dedicated ethical medico's on the wrong side in a situation not of their making.

We do not yet know enough. For all of mankind's progress in Medical Science?

We are still but naifs. And should be eager "seekers" for more knowledge, yet.

A great deal "more". Orders of magnitude more. Many.

The long and short of it is also that - looking BACK - we knew too DAMNED little, too late, that SOME of our most widely adopted choices as to "processed" foodstuffs were unwise choices a hundred and more years, and many human generations ago.

Many still ARE. Ignorance. Sloth. Convenience. Economy, false or real.
    No conspiracy required.

Among the keys?

WHEN Wesson took the toxins out of Cottonseed oil and it became widely used for margarine? NO ONE knew the process left Carcinogens.

WHEN substitute sweeteners widely replace cane & beet sugars NO ONE knew that the human was au fait with that, but that our GUT bacteria could produce carcinogens from some of those substitutes.

WHEN preservatives knocked-down food poisoning, (think nitrogen salts & Benzoate of soda?.) NO ONE knew they could ALSO encourage cancer in the gut of the consumer.

WHEN growth enhancers put more meat on food animals, sooner? NO ONE knew they could be onpassed to those who ate of them.

WHEN antibiotics were used to improve the health of food animals? NO ONE knew those, too could affect the consumer adversely, either.

There's more. Lots of it.

And NOW the medical profession has to TREAT the end results.. adverse effects not of their making.

But the bottom line is that by the time symptoms appear and an MD and Lab techs are even asked to DO the screening?

Life-long choices have already had multiple decades to DO the damage being screened FOR!

You cannot "fix" that with late-in-life screening.
    You can only treat what has already gotten a "head start".

Already Metasized and into the lymphatic system in the cases closest to my family.

The time for a major beneficial change and risk-reduction as to nutritional choices was forty to sixty years in the past already.

You cannot be assured of UNDOING life-long damage with a late-in-life dietary change.

But we can TRY..

Not as if the alternatives were not also damned good food, and tasty, after all.

I may have already dug my own grave with my own teeth... but I can still gum my way to slowing down the final slide INTO the sumbich'

Or if not.. enjoy the flavours of trying?

So I shall.

As to fasting?

Not to forget the way we are wired for survival of severe trauma and stress... it ALSO kicks the immune system into a reboot and recycle of its entire life-long database/arsenal of antibodies.

At a "combat speed", and BIGTIME! Desperate times call for desperate measures.

They GET them. Survival happens. ELSE NOT.

That is a feature, not a bug!

And it works as well as it has always worked. Since before we were recognizably "human".

"Medical Science" wants to contradict that? There's a certainty of failure if ever was.

More better if y'all would study more on it and figure out how to take advantage?

Not that many years since humankind discovered the second coding system in DNA.

DNA don't care. It has been there for a long time.

Whether we KNEW that.. Or simply "lived with it". Literally. Not figuratively.

Is there more to be learnt?

Bet your sweet ass.. flesh OR plastic.

Why quit now.. to defend the past .. when we are better served to LEARN FROM it?

If not for ourselves.. for the NEXT rota, then.

And there's another thing.. humans never did "live forever". Individually.

Do your best. Hope for the best. Pass the torch. Wish the best for the next..

Mind.. there's no RUSH....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Best Wishes Sami!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sami, you are up there with JimK and Troup for good reading here, one of the best. Glad you're writing again and wish you the very best.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well shit!
    hope future shits are well as well.
    glad you're topside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sami,

Decades ago, my dad (another 'Sammy') had the same diagnosis and pretty much the same treatment. He lived on for years and years.

We've all missed you.

Ron

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Hofer View Post
    Sami,

We've all missed you.

Ron
    No,not quite all of us.

13. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good luck as you seem to have caught it early. A British friend of ours ignored the symptoms. We last saw him in Barbados (they have dual citizenship) in December 2019. Had them at our hotel for lunch but he had only a glass of wine. It got so bad he had to see a doc. Because he resided full time in Barbados it seems all they could do was bleed some cash with radiation burns and all. No med plan. Gone now and we will only see his wife when we return to Bim this December.
    Keep up the fight. I had a Sigmoid snip 4 years or so ago. Diverticulitis and nearly bought the farm when I started filling bed pan after bed pan with blood.
    Anyway, if they do section out a piece pay attention to the therapy in the hospital. They wanted me to walk up and down the corridors with my IV wheeled thingy to "get things going". When they section they pressure test to check for leaks. My pressure test was to spec. But bowel was "sleeping" because of surgery, walk a lot helps wake it up. So day 2 after surgery. No pass gas? OK, nothing to eat or drink till you do.
    Friday I was in serious gas pain and wifey was in the room. With a huge painful effort I got on my left side hoping it would help. Well, it did. After 15 minutes I let out a sound like a tug boat with a fog horn. YOU REEK! came from wifey, sitting on wrong side of room. Then a second blast from the fog horn. I felt so much better. 5 minutes later nurse arrives and says "well I know you are passing gas now because it is blowing down the corridor!
    Stay with it, hope for the best.

15. Likes digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I spoke to the old git this morning and,unfortunately, he is quite chipper. Just goes to prove that I can't win them all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    I spoke to the old git this morning and,unfortunately, he is quite chipper. Just goes to prove that I can't win them all.
    More critically, have you gotten his signature forged on the new will yet?

18. Likes Limy Sami liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    More critically, have you gotten his signature forged on the new will yet?
    He has promised me everything which is just a load of debt and two old dolly birds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by camscan View Post
    He has promised me everything which is just a load of debt and two old dolly birds.

Don't budgie off your demand for a minimum of three birds...

[Not to mention his copy of (Pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd), which will get you a further Free Bird]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Looks like it is time for some humor. They say a good belly laugh helps a person physically as well as emotionally. Hope Lymy is as happy as this coyote doing his happy dance. Showed off his prize for 45 minutes in front of the camera. Did not hold still long enough to tell what his prize was.

prize-1xs.jpgprize-2xs.jpgprize-3xs.jpgprize-4xs.jpgprize-5xs.jpg

Maybe it was not belly laugh funny, a chuckle is better than nothing.
    Last edited by FredC; 10-25-2021 at 04:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Looks like it is time for some humor. They say a good belly laugh helps a person physically as well as emotionally. Hope Lymy is as happy as this coyote doing his happy dance. Showed off his prize for 45 minutes in front of the camera. Did not hold still long enough to tell what his prize was.

prize-1xs.jpgprize-2xs.jpgprize-3xs.jpgprize-4xs.jpgprize-5xs.jpg

Maybe it was not belly laugh funny, a chuckle is better than nothing.

How do you know it's the same one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TGTool View Post
    How do you know it's the same one?
    Not for sure, looks like the same prize in his mouth. Of the hundreds of coyote photos only ones with a prize period, 45 minute span time span makes me think it is. If one shared the prize with his partner in crime they both did a happy dance. Prize looks to large to be a road runner, other wise one might think it was Wiley Coyote.

If Limy is familiar with Looney Tunes, that ought to be worth another chuckle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Limy Sami View Post
    Plain and simple ;- following ''many years of digestive system problems'' (you don't want to know the fine details ) it was discovered I have bowel / colon cancer, the treatment of which will be in 3 phases, the 1st of which completed Oct 19th.

It's still too early to know the fine details - a work in progress.

Feeling as sick as I did and confined to bed (and bathroom) at home, much more than staying alive was more than I could face.

However, now things are moving forward, I have a bit of a pathway out of this swamp and am feeling more positive (along with more energy etc etc etc) so I will endeavour to join in the general rough house that is PM.

Finally many many sincere thanks to the private messages etc etc from PM ers all over the world.

Or put another way ;- I'm still here

Just remember that there is nothing as tough as a Limy Sami...you will get through this. Take care of yourself, PM has been lacking in smart-assness, you been missed.