What's new
What's new

Mystery Roller press thingy

barryw

Aluminum
In part two of asking for a friend - with a trigger happy auction finger [emoji1787]

Does anyone know what this machine is used for and have any links to information about it....

A.A. Auguat No. 2 Press with Desing Roller Attachment

4a77e106d5c7c8d9a22be0056f217c26.jpg

Thanks in advance

Barry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't have enough rollers to be a wire straightener in my opinion. From the wear marks on the table below the rollers I would say there have been loops of wire possibly fed from spools that mount in the slots in the table. I see a device for increasing tension on the rollers that looks to be pneumatic. Wire coiner?

I have seen a ring roller using only 2 rollers (not the one with a urethane roller)
The gearing in behind we need to see.

The machine I saw made rings by gearing the 2 rollers at different speeds, causing the bending.

--------OR -----------------

It doesn't roll anything. Look at the rollers hanging on the right side.

Looks like for offset joggling standard sheetmetal round furnace ducting.

It came from a factory that had metal spinning lathes. Could it be for putting a nice lip on bowls etc?

Sheet metal rotary machine, based on the wear patterns I'd guess it was being used to wire the edges of buckets or tubs. Looks like there are are rollers for other shapes hanging in the right (in the picture) side off the machine.

Hi guys , thanks for all the responses. Sorry the machine is not for sale. My friend plans to use it in conjunction with the spinning lathe that he bought at the same auction.

Regards,

Barry

Back