What's new
What's new

mystery tool

engine232

Plastic
IMG_4218 - Copy.jpgIMG_4218 - Copy.jpg Does anyone know what this tool was used for.Measures 6 1/2 oal by 1/2in thick and tapered at both ends,the tool is tool steel.

When faucets had replaceable seats a tapered 3/8 tool was used to remove and replace them. Each manufacturer had a slightly different size so the tapered tool was almost universal.
Maybe your tools had a similar use?

Yeah, my immediate reaction was "plumbing wrench" but then I scratched my head trying to figure out what would call for that size.

When faucets had replaceable seats a tapered 3/8 tool was used to remove and replace them. Each manufacturer had a slightly different size so the tapered tool was almost universal.
Maybe your tools had a similar use?

That is exactly what it is. I still use mine. I purchased mine 40 years ago when I was employed as a maintenance man for an apartment complex. I believe that they are still being manufactured today. They are superior to the popular model that is shaped like a big "L" because they occupy less space in your tool belt. You could apply torque with any convenient wrench or pliers.

Back