What's new
What's new

Name that tool!

Madmatt2002

Plastic
Hi All, I’m having a garage clear out, and as have not used a lathe since school days have no idea of this tool. It has no markings on it, and looks like a deburring drill, with a hole in the end. About 12mm diameter. With 8 cutting ‘flutes’?Would like to post a picture but can’t see how to.

QT" What the heck is a deburring drill?

1. A chingadera that might spin to the right or spin to the left or perhaps not spin at all to then be used in an in and out, back and forth or from side to side motion.

2. What army guys do when the sarge says get dem burrs offa my uniform. (Yes a drill is what you do over and over and over till you do it right.)

Yes cu cu burrs not the metal ones.

dem burrs
burdock burrs - Yahoo Image Search Results

Would like to post a picture but can’t see how to.
The site has a bug and doesn't allow picture insertion during creation of the original post of the threads. You can either publish the post, first, and then edit it or insert pictures into new follow up posts of yours.

The site has a bug and doesn't allow picture insertion during creation of the original post of the threads. You can either publish the post, first, and then edit it or insert pictures into new follow up posts of yours.

You really want a second thread/post ?.....:toetap:

Qt[With 8 cutting ‘flutes

QT: {With 8 cutting ‘flutes}
Just thinking if the flutes are cutting in , then out and perhaps in again then it might be some type of a musicale piece.

Were there any drums and perhaps a piano in the box... and a bunch of guys and gals in suits?

Whoo pee...? That could be it , they just took a break and you grabbed the box before they came back.

Hi All, I’m having a garage clear out, and as have not used a lathe since school days have no idea of this tool. It has no markings on it, and looks like a deburring drill, with a hole in the end. About 12mm diameter. With 8 cutting ‘flutes’?Would like to post a picture but can’t see how to.

Is it one like of these hollow chamfer mills?

Severance Tool : Popular Products

Attachments

• countersinks.jpg
    countersinks.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 71

Check your Private Messages.

Back