What's new
What's new

Need 3/4" spline shaft

Aaron

Plastic
All,

I find myself in the position of needing a chunk of 3/4" spline shaft for a repair job. I've googled the heck out of this and have so far come up short (story of my life). I bought a hydraulic pump shaft for a Ford tractor that should have been 3/4" parallel 6 spline (SAE). The shaft shows up, made in Turkey, and the splines are all wrong. They should be 3/16" keys and are about 1/32" under. Definition of insanity here, I order another shaft from a supposed different suppler. It did come in a bag with a different name on it, also made in Turkey, and was worse than the first.

So here's the deal, I find 3/4" couplings all day long in both parallel 6 spline as well as involute 11 spline. Can't seem to find matching shafts. Well, McMaster does have 6 spline for a whopping $250. I find 5/8" and 7/8" spline but not much in the way of 3/4". Case in point, Baum Hydraulics. Scroll to page 18. 3/4" couplers but no shafts. https://www.baumhydraulics.com/images/Catalog/sec-s.pdf

It seems the world has something against 3/4" spline. I have found numerous threads on several sites about the lack of availability. I could fumble around and machine one but I am trying to avoid that.

Thanks,
Aaron

Steiner sells shafts with those specs. You may be able to adapt a hydrolic pump shaft for what you need. They fit Fords pattern. Runs 25 to 30 dollars.

The two Ford shafts that I bought came from two different competitors to Steiner. Maybe Steiner's is from a different source, but I am a bit gun shy.

One of the G&G shafts is supposedly available through Amazon for a an eye gouging $74 and you'll get it at the end of the month... Maybe.. A bit of a hard pill to swallow given that I can find other size shafts for half the money or even less. It's a non-paying customer (father in law) so I'm trying to stay out of my wallet as much as I can. I'm already deeper than I wanted to be.

The two Ford shafts that I bought came from two different competitors to Steiner. Maybe Steiner's is from a different source, but I am a bit gun shy.

One of the G&G shafts is supposedly available through Amazon for a an eye gouging $74 and you'll get it at the end of the month... Maybe.. A bit of a hard pill to swallow given that I can find other size shafts for half the money or even less. It's a non-paying customer (father in law) so I'm trying to stay out of my wallet as much as I can. I'm already deeper than I wanted to be.

Your OP stated none to be found.
So now we find it for you, and you complain on price ?

Begone to china with you sir !

A great deal of those hydraulic pumps that attach to the pto come new with a very loose fit. Always have. The 6 spline is the lower side of revolution out put from 540 ish to 640. Sometimes even hanging at a angle and securing them with a chain. Especially the sprayer attachments. Are you sure you are not over enginering it?

Back