What's new
What's new

need a good place to buy millport parts

Ohio_Ford_Farm

Cast Iron
I need to replace my Cross-slide screw and nut on my 1340 lathe. The one place I have been able to find parts at is Millsite Engineering. They have the brass nut but not the screw. They say they can get it however it will have to come from over seas and could take like 4 months or more unless I want to pay HUGE shipping.

Mine is very shot! the brass nut is cut and there is a screw to tighten slop. With that tight I have .143 backlash. the threads are almost gone in a few spots.

Oh the joys of buying used machines :D .. Im not complaining I got a great deal on it.

If I must I might try buying a length of threaded rod and going to a buddy's shop and turning that to try to make what I need. That much slop and the way the screw looks I'm not going to try to turn it here.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Just remember if you go the threaded rod route you will probably need left hand thread, and most places that sell the rod also have nuts that fit.

Just remember if you go the threaded rod route you will probably need left hand thread, and most places that sell the rod also have nuts that fit.

Thanks. Looks to be a 5/8 -10 left hand acme thread. I have tried a few places and looks like it's either $65 for a 3' threaded and two chances to get it correct or $145 for screw and nut and about another $190 to ship it over seas ... think I'll try the $65 first. I can get the manufacturers original used nut. so that's ok .. seeing how the tap is like $180 I'll spend the $50 on a nut.

I should have a threaded rod and brass nut in the morning sometime. Just have to go beg for machine time at buddy shop.

Last edited:

Back