What's new
What's new

need help in the Brooklyn Navy Yard?

cyanidekid

Titanium
I just herd on the radio that there are a number of businesses in the Brooklyn Navy Yard converting their operation to provide essential PPE equipment in short supply.

I'm a block away, and would like to offer any assistance I can, from consulting to welding to light manual machining (Bport, 17X60 lathe).

I'm willing to do this free of charge as appropriate. reply to thread, or at timkmetal at gmail dot com

I knew it was a longshot I would connect with anyone on PM, just giving it bump. I've got some calls out, will try walking in tomorrow, but its a huge place!

I just herd on the radio that there are a number of businesses in the Brooklyn Navy Yard converting their operation to provide essential PPE equipment in short supply.

I'm a block away, and would like to offer any assistance I can, from consulting to welding to light manual machining (Bport, 17X60 lathe).

I'm willing to do this free of charge as appropriate. reply to thread, or at timkmetal at gmail dot com

Why would you work for free, the way I hear it those companies making ventilators are getting some huge money for them.

Not ventilators, PPE.

these are small to medium companies that that made other unrelated products like furniture, clothing, or kitchen equipment, and are rapidly switching to certain PPE items that are in critical supply such as face shields (not N95s the clear kind), surgical gowns, etc. they are stepping in to help the frontline workers like nurses and EMTs who are desperate for these items.

I've herd the first hand reports from callers to the local radio station of nurses told to rte-use disposable items for 5 -FIVE- shifts.

these items will be coming, and in vast numbers, from the normal channels, but it takes 4-6 weeks to get them from china, unloaded, and distributed and by then the peak will have come and gone here. in the meantime, some of our dedicated frontline workers will be sick and some dieing because they didn't have a face shield while intubating a critically sick patient with the novel corona virus.

personally, I'd like to try and do something to help avoid that. it may work, it may not, but I want to try, and how much or if I get paid for it.. well, yea, it would be nice and I can use it, but.. lets see what we can do first.

as I sit here, listening to the sirens wailing in the night, Im feeling this is something we have not seen before, and it is only going to get worse in the next few weeks. I truly hope I'm wrong, but something is up.. please take precautions, and be safe.

Back