What's new
What's new

Need help figuring out which size ball mill I need.

DanASM

Hot Rolled
Here is a print. I need a ball mill to cut this radius. I cannot seem to figure out the effective cutting diameter for any standard size ball mill. I am going to make some calls tomorrow but I figure I will see what the knowledgeable people here have to say.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment Ball Separator PM.pdf

Here is a print. I need a ball mill to cut this radius. I cannot seem to figure out the effective cutting diameter for any standard size ball mill. I am going to make some calls tomorrow but I figure I will see what the knowledgeable people here have to say.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 267019

twice the radius i would think
the x2 just means both sides have the same radius, otherwise the print would not make sense to me.

Thanks in advance.

Not going to try turning it?

twice the radius i would think
the x2 just means both sides have the same radius, otherwise the print would not make sense to me.

That's the way I read it too.

BOTOH - don't forget the old machinists adage (back in the day it was on every print worthy of the name ) ;- ''if in doubt-ask.''

Back