What's new
What's new

Need Help Finding Carbide Insert Part Number

viane

Plastic
I recently acquired a Kennametal R8 Spindled Mill Cutting tool and I have been unsuccessful trying to find the part number for the correct Carbide inserts that are supposed to go on this tool. Attached is the picture of the part number but I will also list what is stamped on the cutter below. Any help is appreciated!

KIPBR-1.50-XD2.322-0

7047CB4 MS-1168

13,570 MAX RPM.

Resized_20190418_204944_2924 (1).jpg

Best bet, is to email kennemetal directly, I had a browse on their website and I had no luck

Did you receive any inserts with the tool? If so get a picture of the inserts, if not a picture of the insert pockets may help.

I will never understand why people buy indexable tools without doing the 5 minutes of research beforehand to see if the product is even on the manufacturers website any more.

The closest I can find are the KIPR-RP ceramic button tools but those are not offered in an R8 shank for obvious reasons.

XDMT2.322R, XDMT2.324R, XDMT2.328R or XDCW2.322R
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=xdmt+insert&ul_noapp=true
Since XD is a bastard call out only the Kenna ones on this page fit your cutter.
Not a bad cutter, the precursor to the ever popular APKT style.
Insert availability very limited and I don't see any of my sources with this die on the shelf anymore.
Being made in large volumes the APKTs and bodies are not expensive and a bit cleaner cutting up the side so if you want this style a scrap out and change may be the way to go.
Bob

Thanks CarbideBob! I have 1 carbide on it but didn't have a part number. Measuring it, looks like that's it. Thanks again! At least my free cutter will be used again!

Since you are are in Michigan I may find you. If I do you owe me a cup of coffee. ...Black, straight and hot.
Not sure where..Seems a yooper?
If so as a troll I love your land and the everything up.
Bob

Back