What's new
What's new

Need help Identifying End Mill

Neptil

Plastic
Hi there!

I'm new on the forum and I hope I am posting this in the right place. If not if you could please direct me.

I need help identifying the End Mill I recently acquired.

If I am not mistaking, the dimensions are: 2 x 2 x 4.5 x 7.75 and 6 flutes

Would anyone know the brand? There are no other markings on it besides the one you can see in the picture.

Thanks,

Neptil

IMG_8922.jpg

It belongs on the trash to be honest.
But I'm guessing you want to sell it on Ebay.
It's worth about $10 to someone who has the machine to use it on and it can be any of a hundred different brands.

I was thinking about using it.

I was just wondering what the logo was next to the number 2. I've never seen it before.

Any guesses?

It's almost certainly a junky China-made tool, but if you want to find a good one like it I'd contact Niagara. I'd probably go with a cobalt base over HSS for longevity, but it does spike the cost.

If you just want to sell it, it won't go for much. Probably best to list it as a novelty item or home defense weapon, almost anyone with a machine that will take it would spend the money on reputable brands.

Haha!

Notes taken.

But to answer the question, yes I do have a machine capable of using it.

Oh come now doug, just use your imagination. All you gotta do is chuck on it in your combo mill/lathe and you can face off the whole part in one go!

I have operated a vertical mill with a #50 taper, that would use that.
The machine weighed 13,600 lbs.

Last edited:
These are commonly used on big HBMs. I've seen and used endmills up to 3" diameter and over a foot long. No, you don't bury them... They're mainly only for finishing. Although the big roughing (corncob style) endmills can be buried the feed has to be dropped awfully low. And I would imagine the smallest machines I've run that could use these would have weighed more in the neighborhood of 20 tons. A 50 taper vertical could probably use the 2" endmills for finishing fairly well.

These are commonly used on big HBMs. I've seen and used endmills up to 3" diameter and over a foot long. No, you don't bury them... They're mainly only for finishing. Although the big roughing (corncob style) endmills can be buried the feed has to be dropped awfully low. And I would imagine the smallest machines I've run that could use these would have weighed more in the neighborhood of 20 tons. A 50 taper vertical could probably use the 2" endmills for finishing fairly well.

Whaa?? No, you can use these on smaller machines. I use this one on my Roku-Roku for delicate details.
Micro-cutter.jpg

Back