Need help/information on generic hydraulic pump
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Need help/information on generic hydraulic pump

Good morning guys! This forum or site has about the most brilliant group of guys Iíve came across. Thereís not a subject that Iíve came across yet that someone on this site doesnít know or understand thoroughly! I hope I can tap into that knowledge today!

0e159602-f929-4242-acd2-fd3d07a15d01.jpg

I have a generic hydraulic pump off of a farmpro 2420 tractor. I believe Iíve got a bad seal as Iím sucking air into my fluid reservoir. Iíd like to just rebuild it!

There isnít any numbers or markings that I can see. Itís basic chinesium!

Itís fairly low hours on the pump but I havenít the first clue on how to begin to identify or source the seals, Orings, etc!

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Be careful removing the seal as most have pn's on them,a lot of times on the back side of the lip.If no numbers then just measure it.Plenty of seal suppliers on the net. Metric Seals inc is a good source. If you are as good as I am you will hit dead center on the part number when removing the seal thus obliterating the pn.! I have even tried moving 180 deg from my first choice to pry only to find I shouldn't have.

The shaft bearings or bushings are most likely standard parts.

I have had those extruded body aluminum pumps crack. The first was hard to see but since then I know what to look for. That looks like a simple gear pump, some are cheap enough that they arn't worth repairing.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Extruded ally body pumps are throw aways........simply buy a new one ,and fit it..........dont waste your time trying to fix it .

4. Likes digger doug liked this post