What's new
What's new

Need help/information on generic hydraulic pump

TheTester

Aluminum
Good morning guys! This forum or site has about the most brilliant group of guys I’ve came across. There’s not a subject that I’ve came across yet that someone on this site doesn’t know or understand thoroughly! I hope I can tap into that knowledge today!

0E159602-F929-4242-ACD2-FD3D07A15D01.jpg

I have a generic hydraulic pump off of a farmpro 2420 tractor. I believe I’ve got a bad seal as I’m sucking air into my fluid reservoir. I’d like to just rebuild it!

There isn’t any numbers or markings that I can see. It’s basic chinesium!

It’s fairly low hours on the pump but I haven’t the first clue on how to begin to identify or source the seals, Orings, etc!

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Be careful removing the seal as most have pn's on them,a lot of times on the back side of the lip.If no numbers then just measure it.Plenty of seal suppliers on the net. Metric Seals inc is a good source. If you are as good as I am you will hit dead center on the part number when removing the seal thus obliterating the pn.! I have even tried moving 180 deg from my first choice to pry only to find I shouldn't have.

The shaft bearings or bushings are most likely standard parts.

I have had those extruded body aluminum pumps crack. The first was hard to see but since then I know what to look for. That looks like a simple gear pump, some are cheap enough that they arn't worth repairing.

Back