What's new
What's new

need recommendation on which size create tool 40 position tool post

Cleancut

Aluminum
Hi guys,

need a recommendation on which size create tool 40 position tool post to order.

my lathe is a 14x40 with a compound to center height of 40mm.

I believe that the E set or B set would work, but which one would be ideal?

I was told by a local machine dealer that the B is too big, but the multifix chart suggests otherwise.

Schnellwechselstahlhalter - AXA, MultiFix, MusltiSuisse, Haase

I think my lathe having a 40mm compound to center height might be on the smallish side for a B set? would the E set be best?

thanks in advance for any input.

E is the smaller size.

Consider how large of a boring bar do you need. The foolproof bar overhang to diameter ratio is 4:1 so a 20 mm bar will allow you to bore 80 mm deep. Is that enough? Forever? Are you sure? :) Sometimes you have to reach farther than Z0 just to get to the start of the bore. For example, the chuck jaws may interfere with the carriage wings or something, Like boring a motor endbell, the front of the bearing surface may be quite a bit beyond the rim face.

I went with a B on my 16”
Nina at Create (answers their emails )is great and will confirm your size. She has no issues with English.
I believe B will go down to 37mm and high as 45mm
If you didn’t know they will custom make a really nice Tee nut and bolt for cheap ($70 I think) , just send them dimensions good to .001.
They will also make to order the original retracting internal and external threading holders. The two together were under $500. Just keep in mind the external uses an expensive insert, but they will last practically forever if you don’t damage it.

I love mine, and ended up placing a second order for more holders. I think I have about 14
Keith

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here the catalog page from Create
546c479e74829d386c0956d7eabf5fbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back