What's new
What's new

Need some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue_Machinist

Hot Rolled
So I know I posted this a while back but cant find the post anymore.

I need a new tubing supplier for some 4130 MIL STD Tubing in .625 x.188 wall. And I need the tolerance of the ID to be .250" +/- .002 like its suppose to be. Someone recommended a replacement but it wasnt 4130 it was similar and but was called something else. My customer doesnt wanna pay for the gun drilling and wont budge on the tubing tolerance. The ID can be NO BIGGER than .255"

You may want to figure out a way to bury the gundrilling cost. I remember the previous thread, and it didn't seem that there was a good option for tight ID tubing without looking at a mill run.

Oh, and as you still have time, change your thread title to something more descriptive.

I dont know how to edit the title of a thread.
And the problem with Millrun is most of it is still being done offshore and still comes in WAY to big. Like the last batch we ordered was 300 feet of the tube. Came in .020" to big.

So I know I posted this a while back but cant find the post anymore.

I need a new tubing supplier for some 4130 MIL STD Tubing in .625 x.188 wall. And I need the tolerance of the ID to be .250" +/- .002 like its suppose to be. Someone recommended a replacement but it wasnt 4130 it was similar and but was called something else. My customer doesnt wanna pay for the gun drilling and wont budge on the tubing tolerance. The ID can be NO BIGGER than .255"

It is very easy to find one of your own old posts. Just click on your name and then select "View Forum Posts" from the menu that opens. Here is what you were wanting. Just add a new post to the old thread and forget this thread with the bad title. Bad titles can not be edited to fix them.

Need New Tubing Vendor

Larry

I dont know how to edit the title of a thread.
And the problem with Millrun is most of it is still being done offshore and still comes in WAY to big. Like the last batch we ordered was 300 feet of the tube. Came in .020" to big.
Edit the post. Click on advanced, so the title becomes available to edit. Pretty sure that's how it works.... good luck.

Can you ball the tube with your desired size? Seen that done, basically a carbide ball of required diameter pushed through by a bunch of smaller ones
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back