What's new
What's new

Need to source odd air line fitting

true temper

Stainless
My friend has a portable air tank with a regular looking male air fitting to fill it. But inside the fitting it has a Schrader valve in it. You just plug in the regular female coupler on hose and the tank fills, when full uncouple it and the Schrader acts like a check valve. I thought he was nuts when asking where to find some replacements as I have never seen one like it. I know some couplers will fit on valve stems, but this looked like a male coupler.

There are a million different types of airline couplings,every maker had his own design,which didnt fit any other.....Some were designed to be special ,for instance Clemco,breathing air.........then you can add in self sealing hydraulic couplings,and you get into the category of the dummys looking for manuals for early Taiwanese machines......dont exist,never did.

Go to a tire guy who handles big tires, wheel loader, off road trucks. The inner tubes use screw in fittings that have a schrader valve in them, then just tap a piece to fit the thread on the end of the adapter.

How I plumbed my tank for spare air:
nipple straight up from tank to center leg of tee. One end of tee goes to quarter turn ball valve with air input on far end. Other end of tee is plumbed directly to a female air fitting.

To fill, attach air hose, then open valve. When whooshing slows, close valve.

I made up one of these from an old propane bottle. Holds air for a long time. I made it in '06 and still use it sometimes.

metalmagpie

I plumbed mine with a ball valve also, works great. My buddy I guess is lazy he don’t want to messs with valve. But more than any thing I have never seen a fitting like that, wondering if any one else have seen any thing like it.

I plumbed mine with a ball valve also, works great. My buddy I guess is lazy he don’t want to messs with valve. But more than any thing I have never seen a fitting like that, wondering if any one else have seen any thing like it.

It might just be a normal fitting with the valve added by someone. There are tools for repairing the threads so it could be used as a tap.

My friend has a portable air tank with a regular looking male air fitting to fill it. But inside the fitting it has a Schrader valve. . .

What depresses the schrader valve? Just the air pressure? If so, I don't think you'd get a good fill since ordinary schraders require a lot of pressure to push open without a mechanical boost.

What depresses the schrader valve? Just the air pressure? If so, I don't think you'd get a good fill since ordinary schraders require a lot of pressure to push open without a mechanical boost.

I don’t have an answer for that, all I know is it works. I need to get a bettter look at it.

Back