What's new
What's new

Need a source for USA made N52 Neodymium magnets

Smoooth

Aluminum
Anyone have a good source for 5/8” x 3/16” N52 disc magnets that are Made in the USA?
Looking for 100 pieces.

Thanks!!

Are any of those magnets made in the US ? I had done some business with K&J but wasn't concerned at the time where they were made and their web site dosn't really say.

Anyone have a good source for 5/8” x 3/16” N52 disc magnets that are Made in the USA?
Looking for 100 pieces.

Thanks!!

What happens if their made in the USA, and the raw material comes from China? Good enough?

Why do they need to be USA? Dfars?
Dfars has an exception for rare earth magnets because they have to come from china. Thats just the way God made the earth

Supply isn't a matter of where the ore is located, but willingness to deal with the difficulties of processing the ore and the radioactive waste. USA (Mountain pass CA?) was once the worlds leading producer. As long as China was willing to develop their resources and sell cheaply to the world, everyone was willing to let them have the problems.

Seems some folks are gearing up a new operating in Texas and I know of a new processing facility being built in Australia. Thank Chinese export restrictions.

What happens if their made in the USA, and the raw material comes from China? Good enough?

Working to develop a small product and wanted it to be 100% Made in the USA.
I didn’t get certs to verify base raw material origins, just going off of the “Made in USA” stamp on the material I’m using......

I really don’t know anything about Neodymium magnet manufacturing, never gave it a thought. Judging from the responses, I seriously underestimated the complexity.

In my searches, it appears there is 1 US mfg, but they don’t list any prices and I need some soon.
Obviously, I can find import N52 magnets (bought a 10 pack for prototyping a few weeks ago) but was hoping for USA made for final product; certainly didn’t think it would be this difficult.

Looking for the small, round, disc magnets.

Thanks for all the responses!!

Not the sort of thing it makes any sense to make in this country, though we'll question the wisdom of that if the supply gets cut off.

I read an article a while back that stated the last manufacturer of rare earth magnets in the US was sold to a Chinese consortium. They then promptly closed the plant and moved all the production back to Chins. This all happened under the nose of the Government and they did nothing about it. There was at the time all kinds of finger pointing and recriminations made because rare earth magnets are considered a strategic resource. Since reading that, I've heard nothing more.

I think a usd made neodymium magnet would use raw materials from china. Close family friend owns Home | OEI Magnetic Filtration For Your Equipment
All his magnets come from China.

Fucking guy would not give me any tig welding work even though I came up with a semi automated (and machining) way to weld these mag tubes to large steel pipe plugs with minimal post grinding/polishing. He gives all the work to the hutterites which require large amounts of time grinding down goober welds and polishing. $5 per weld :mad5:

The weld is 0.02 wall 316 x 0.5" tubing loaded with neo magnets to a 2" solid steel pipe plug. Should be worth $20 per weld imo minimum

Tig welding near magnets is difficult to say the least

Magnetic Arts Division

Manufacturing & Industrial Supply

Advanced Recording Technologies specializes in magnets, lasers and ceramic services. The company offers industrial, custom, medical, healing, magnetic therapy, motor and disc magnets. It features magnetic beads, clasps, cup assemblies, fasteners and hangers. Advanced Recording Technologies also provides a wide range of micromachining and cutting lasers. The company performs laser cutting and laserlith services. Its ceramic capabilities include grinding, lapping, slicing, gapping, bonding of Ferrites, cores and custom designs. ART supplies a wide range of customers, such as Hughes Aircraft, Digital Equipment, Control Data, Seagate Technologies, Ampex, Applied Magnetics, National Micronetics, Phasemetrics, Spin Physics and Iomega. Advanced Recording Technologies was founded in 1969 and is based in Escondido, Calif.less

Address: 1310 Industrial Ave, Escondido, CA 92029
Cross Streets: Near the intersection of Industrial Ave and Engel St
Phone: (442) 999-4369

Back