What's new
What's new

New DRO installation.

Terry Keeley

Titanium
Got these super tiny 1 micron magnetic tape units direct from Electronica:

Electronica Mechatronic Systems: Magnetic Linear Encoders - Magna Slim

Digital Readout System | Horizontal Boring Machine | Microscope DRO | Profile projector DRO - EMS

Great fit on my baby Clausing. Dunno how I did without it for so long!

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Nice looking, compact installation, I'm interested in something similar. What was the cost including shipping?

Cost was US$485 plus $230 Fedex shipping from India to Toronto, Canada. That was for the EL400 display and 1 micron scales/readers.

You have to wire payment direct to Electronica, they shipped it within a week and it was very well packed.

I dealt with Ajeet Kashid, GM Sales and Marketing, [email protected]. He was excellent, answered all my questions.

Cost was US$485 plus $230 Fedex shipping from India to Toronto, Canada. That was for the EL400 display and 1 micron scales/readers.

You have to wire payment direct to Electronica, they shipped it within a week and it was very well packed.

I dealt with Ajeet Kashid, GM Sales and Marketing, [email protected]. He was excellent, answered all my questions.
Terry,

Are the scale mounted using a two sided tape? I can't see where they are screwed otherwise. Or is the stainless cover hiding the screw location? Nice job [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Terry,

Are the scale mounted using a two sided tape? I can't see where they are screwed otherwise. Or is the stainless cover hiding the screw location? Nice job [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

There's 3 mm screws through the extrusions, then the magnetic tape slides in and the ss cover sticks on over top. No "dead" space at the ends.

Why do you need a DRO? Doesn't look like that mill has ever been used.

I know, sick eh? I completely stripped it down, spray painted it with epoxy and installed all new bearings when I go it:

Clausing 8520 Restoration | Intlwaters.com

Super tight and accurate little mill...

Back