What's new
What's new

New Kurt DX6 just arrived, no “USA” anywhere like my other DX6 has…

TheOldCar

Stainless
Call me paranoid; just seems weird. Really weird!
Main casting says “KURT”, not USA.

Side stickers no longer say “Made in USA”, otherwise they are the same.

Factory box has no made in USA anywhere, either.

I hate to sound like an angry ‘murican, but I did buy this because I always believed the vises are made here.

There is no reference to being USA-made on their website, either.

Have they changed?

I guess it is the latest version of the DX6, with some improvements over the first version, if that helps to know. I have a really hard time believing this model is still made in USA but they just decided not to write that anywhere. I must admit I’m a sucker for buying stuff that bares such a populist badge. :D :dunce:

By US law, if its not made in the US, they have to say where it is made. Unless this was changed, but I would expect there to have been a ruckus if that law was repealed.

By US law, if its not made in the US, they have to say where it is made. Unless this was changed, but I would expect there to have been a ruckus if that law was repealed.

I don't know about you but my expectations as to when a "ruckus" should be raised has been wholly disappointed as of late.

That's the law but no one listens to you ... maybe if you write in on Intel stationery but regular complaints, nope. They have a form on the FTC website for complaints, to which they do not reply either.

Why do people not believe in the government ? Let me count the ways ...

We're here from the government and we're here to help'
Duck and hide cause here it comes

Well, it's a government of "By the People, for the People", isn't it? If it sucks, it's because we've backed out of our end of being involved citizens. We've ceded control to corrupt Congressional lifers in both parties, why do we not vote them out?

Well, it's a government of "By the People, for the People", isn't it? If it sucks, it's because we've backed out of our end of being involved citizens. We've ceded control to corrupt Congressional lifers in both parties, why do we not vote them out?

They are importing voters faster than we can raise proper ones by a fair piece

Move to Chicago and then you can vote early and vote often. Bury me in cook county so I can continue to vote after I die. I never met my Grandfather who was born in Chicago.
Bill D

You know that's not factual. Under 50% (sometimes much less) of eligible voters VOTE, just getting citizens to show up to the polls would dominate any so-called imported votes.

In past elections, U.S. trailed most developed countries in voter turnout | Pew Research Center

If we were "raising proper ones" they would in fact vote and not be part of that 50% that only bitch about how things turned out.

The one bitching about how the ball bounces is usually the one that dropped the ball in the first place.

Back