What's new
What's new

New Machine Day: Fronius, Hypertherm

drcoelho

Stainless
My new welding cart with model year 2020 Fronius TPS 270i Mig welder, Fronius MagicWave 230i Tig welder, and Hypertherm Powermax65 plasma cutter:

IMG_20201119_161817.jpg

I am totally and completely jealous of your shop and shop budget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks tippy.
Should have made it wide, and put the hyperthem on the next shelf down, next to the red thing.

are you going to post plans ?

Its not tippy, the cart weighs more than the combined weight of all the machines by far, very solid. I've moved it up and down my ramp which has a strange twist in it and even at those wierd angles it did not show any tendency to tip. With equipment on it it'll stay on flat ground all the time so have zero concerns.

very nice.
Is there gonna be a water cooler for the tig? foot pedal?
and where do tanks go?

I tend to build single welder carts, with built in tank racks, but most of my machines are bigger- even my "little" XMT also has a High Frequency box and a water cooler, along with a 250 cf argon tank, so there really isnt room for anything else.

I stack my hand plasma on my 256 and wire it into the machine's cord. Not a good solution for everyone, definitely convenient for me.
cd1ce96eb675811be0e134b763d10fc9.jpg

Sent via CNC 88HS

very nice.
Is there gonna be a water cooler for the tig? foot pedal?
and where do tanks go?

I tend to build single welder carts, with built in tank racks, but most of my machines are bigger- even my "little" XMT also has a High Frequency box and a water cooler, along with a 250 cf argon tank, so there really isnt room for anything else.

The Tig welder has water cooler, it is already attached in photo, sits below the Tig welder.....these Fronius inverter machines are super compact......the tanks sit at the rear of the cart, can have qty(2) tanks on this cart. And yes, the Tig welder has a pedal. Here's a side shot showing rear where tanks are stored:

imagejpeg_0_5.jpg

I stack my hand plasma on my 256 and wire it into the machine's cord. Not a good solution for everyone, definitely convenient for me.
cd1ce96eb675811be0e134b763d10fc9.jpg

Sent via CNC 88HS

My TIG, Airco 460 Amp AC DC is about 4' x 3' x 5' tall on its cart with 8" diameter wheels weighs about 700 lbs or so. No tip. My mig is a Miller 35s, a mid 70s machine I bought in '79 is about 18" wide and about 4' long with the "T" 75/25 bottle on the back. My Lincoln plasma cutter is on top witch sucks because you have to remove it to access the wire spool and feeder mechanism.

Back