What's new
What's new

new (to me) compressor

chrep73

Plastic
bought this compressor off a guy and can't find anything on it stating the CFM. he told me 15.7 @ 175. I've tried to search Garder Denver on the forum but it didn't bring up anything of use to me. can anybody tell me anything about this compressor. it looks to be gently used, and the tank is stamped 1999. it has a baldor 5 hp 1725 rpm motor. any help is much appreciated

Attachments

• compressor label.jpg
    compressor label.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 97
  • pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 99
  • compressor.jpg
    compressor.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 114
Gardner denver stuff was once the "best of the best"....that was heavy industrial...it appears the name has been sold...Your compressor looks like a pretty standard workshop outfit,and a 5hp motor with a single stage compressor would be loafing along at 15cfm.You can generally count on 4cfm/hp for one stage,5cfm /hp for two stage compression. at 150 psi.

Use google, find the local G-D dealer, call him with model number, he should be able to give a spec for at least one rpm rating, you will then need to determine rpm of your compressor. Or you can take it apart, measure bore/stroke, then start crunching numbers.

good idea on calling dealer, maybe they can help me out. it is a 2 stage pump so maybe it may put out a little more air than he told me.
thanks for the help

Back