What's new
What's new

New Member Here

Chevyman434

Plastic
Hey guys and gals..So i didn't see a new member area so i thought it would belong in the General area..So i am a drag racer/engine builder and my wife works in this industry..Works for a Aerospace company locally and is in deburr/inspection and runs a bender.They are training her on the machines slowly.She has been working there for about 3 years now..I found you guys searching online as i am trying to sell material that i buy from goverment surplus..And yes,i did read the rules and i don't want to be here just to sell stuff and get run off..We have real interest and am will to contribute to this community as a paying subscribing member like i am on all my forums..But i hope to learn some techniques on machining and maybe pick up some used tools that we can work with here at home..

Why would it be spam? Explain..I am real and in Charleston sc..Not from the middle east trying to sell fake material or anything...lol..And atleast i did read the rules and am trying to abide by them and am being forthcoming right off the hit here...Come on sir,,i don't want to argue or come off the wrong way.Nor am i "trying to help someone out" as stated in the rules..lol..See i did read them..Give me a break man..

Chevy, as always in any forum, there are all sorts of folks here, some who will assume the best interpretation of any given post, some who will assume the worst ... and some, like me, who try to do the former but sometimes, when tired and lacking coffee, do the latter. :)

One hint that will help you out - one of the major rules on this forum, as set and enforced by the owner, is that thread titles should be specific and informative and, in general, threads should be question oriented. Granted, it is a bit hard to meet those criteria when all you are trying to do is introduce yourself! But it may be that some of what you got from digger was in response to the generic title, "new member." No worries - I dare say that all of us, at least once along the way, have had a thread locked or been chastised for straying outside the forum rules. But stick around, let the grumps roll off your back, and you will indeed find this to be a wealth of knowledge!

I don't understand... a paying member? On this site?
Is that even an option?

Either way, welcome to the forum!

I don't understand... a paying member? On this site?
Is that even an option?

Either way, welcome to the forum!

I paid $100 eons ago when the idea of soliciting donations was attempted to prevent the need for ads to finance the site. Most people were all talk and no action and I think Milacron only collected something like $800. I can't remember what year that was, probably about 10 years ago or so. There haven't been any paid membership that I know of, just those donations a long time ago.

FS: 7075-2024-2014 plate material

WooHoo !
It's a free concert form now on !
Spammers rule.

I would not call them a spammer, just a non contributing member using this place as free E-bay. It will not stop until the rules are enforced, as we see warnings do no good, the abuse grows by the day. Since E-bay costs almost 15% if you add in the Paypal fees PM should start charging these people and either make some money or drive them off. They are not providing anything of value, most of the newbies think their stuff is worth a fortune.

And Digger is the first one he meets? Of course. :P

But being on many other forums, that would be a given that a) not everyone is on the up and up b) not everyone is serious in every word they type and c) doesnt the FNG always get their chops busted?

If you want to be taken "seriously" by the members, contributing is big. If all your posts are just selling, is that really contributing?

Jon

Back