What's new
What's new

New Member Introduction, Hi all!

EMGPrecision

Plastic
Hi Everyone,
Jonathan Gee here from EMG Precision Ltd. I have just joined and wanted to say hello to everyone.
It will take me a while to get a feel for the vibe and flow in here so please be patient and any help you can give pointing me in the right direction would be very much appreciated. Any construction advice more than welcome.
Once again, Hi everyone and please say hello and introduce yourself...
All the best and I look forward to meeting some of you.
Jonathan Gee
World-Class Engineering Measuring Tools | EMG Precision

Welcome. As far as advice is concerned, be sure to read the sticky notes and try to adhere to them. I doubt in your situation you are going to be discussing hobby machinery but try to make your topics as descriptive as possible. Just saying "fly cutter" or something like that is frowned upon for good reason. Pictures are always helpful so try to get a handle on how to post them. There is an incredible amount of diverse knowledge on this site. Again, welcome.

Hi Crossthread,
Thanks for that. But yes I have an interest in hobbyist stuff absolutely. For a hobby I am currently building a solid granite based CNC Hybrid Router type mill. so i am excited to get into that in the future and hare some ideas, cad drawings and pictures etc...
Cheers
Jonathan

Hello, hope you have fun, everything is a hobby to me, even taking a shower these days ( retired from steel making did get a 5 millionth ton paperweight that’s a doorstop), probes look very hi tech I must admit, only played with renishaw ones myself
Mark

As mentioned, I should have expressed myself more clearly. I am long past retirement so what I do would be considered a hobby although I still get paid for odd and often weird and interesting jobs. Mostly farm equipment. What I meant was, try not to mention why your Harbor Freight lathe has a problem holding tolerance to .0001". There are a lot of very highly skilled individuals on this site who embark on "hobby" projects. Some of my fondest moments are spent in my shop tinkering with this or that. I still get my jollies by watching a perfect spiral of swarf come off the lathe although I have seen it countless times.

But it is beautiful though, there’s beauty everywhere, and a little fear, I still carry the mark of the beast after being branded by a “6” off a big ol craven lathe ( the beast), got a nasty fright once when a spiral went up my sleeve while still connected to to tool, was dutifully informed to learn about speeds and feeds “ you thick tw.t” you want chips not Christmas decorations
Mark

Back