Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Development team here - we believe the issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you encounter any problems.

Thank you,
    PM

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm still having the same issues on my desktop, which is the only computer I use. "New Posts" gives an error message and "Daily Posts" have not been updated since the 19th. For what it's worth, I'm using chrome, and I have deleted cookies/history and logged in and out several times, most recently just a few minutes ago.
    I'm happy to be as patient as necessary, just wanted to let you guys know. Thanks.

3. Likes neilho liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

^ Same with me. I'm using Chrome on a desktop.

I'm definitely not complaining.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Derek, what happens if you click on this link, any difference?

Daily Posts

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Admin5 View Post
    Derek, what happens if you click on this link, any difference?
    Oh Yeah! Both of the links you provided in the post work just fine for me.

The "normal" ones at the top of the page still do not work however.

Thanks.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ewlsey View Post
    When I click "new posts" it doesn't show anything newer than 5:40PM Tuesday. If I click "daily posts" it shows me posts up to the current time. Anyone else have this issue? Why do we now have "new posts" and "daily posts"?
    Yes. Exactly as described.

Turned out to be a cookie issue. < Skip boring details > I manually deleted all the cookies from the browser, and that fixed it for me.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hello Derek,

this confirms the issue is due to stuck cache on your end. Additionally, if I login as you (using my Admin power) and try to check Daily and New Posts, they work just fine. As vBulletin does not use cookies anymore for those functions, the only thing left is cache. The problem is that browsers like Chrome (but all of them, these days, to be honest) are very aggressive with caching, especially when a website is leveraging cache for better performance.

If you notice, when you click on New or Daily posts, you are redirected to an URL which looks like this: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...rchid=18650218

Many of you have that redirection cached, and redirections are basically never removed, even when you flush cookies.

Thus, in those links, I tricked your browser into believing they were different pages adding a bogus query variable (&refresh=1, but it can be anything), and that it could not use the cached redirection. I have tried to add that variable to the links in the grey bar, so those should work as well.

I repeat, the issue is confirmed to be 100% a combination of aggressive browser caching and the cache time some admins had setup on our domain, which we have now reduced.

9. Likes M.B. Naegle, Derek Smalls, Yan Wo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks very much for the help, and sorry for the trouble. I'm far from a computer guru, so although I think I correctly understand what you are saying and it does make sense to me, I'm not sure I can fix things on my end myself, but that's what my wife and kids are for. I'm sure I can it get done one way or another.
    Things do seem much better now. Everything seems to work normally once I'm in a thread. I'm still having the same problem if I click "New Posts" when I'm not in a thread, but I'm sure your suggestions, when I get them implemented, will solve that as well.
    Thanks again.