New Studer S20
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: New Studer S20

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    355

    Default New Studer S20

    My new machine is just being finished in factory in Switzerland, photos from factory as follows:

    itech-c.jpgitech-s20-.jpgitech-s20-b.jpgitech-s20-d.jpgitech-s20-e.jpg

    Updates to follow when the machine arrives at my shop.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5534
    Likes (Received)
    3738

    Default

    Nice! How much do those go for nowadays?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,241
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    243
    Likes (Received)
    2156

    Default

    You will love it. Accurate as hell. Holds 50 millionths with ease.

  4. Likes David_M liked this post
  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    12,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2901
    Likes (Received)
    8831

    Default

    Nice! But I thought you were running out of room?

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    Nice! How much do those go for nowadays?
    This is by far my most expensive machine...that's all I will say....

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Nice! But I thought you were running out of room?
    I have OFFICIALLY run out of room, this is the last machine....I did some re-jiggering to get space for this machine. The machines that I sacrificed were tool&cutter grinder (not important, gonna just buy cutters as needed), and a honing machine (worked up another solution for this loss, will be posting my solution shortly). Otherwise I have all the machines I need for my purposes.

    Also, Studer made some custom modifications in order to fit it into my shop...in particular, they made the electrical cabinet modular so it could be removed to allow the machine to fit through my doorways.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    21,280
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    16657
    Likes (Received)
    17334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    Nice! How much do those go for nowadays?
    That is something I would not want to even think about



  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    12,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2901
    Likes (Received)
    8831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtndew View Post
    Nice! How much do those go for nowadays?
    I Studer to think about it...

  10. Likes Garwood, Limy Sami, Cole2534 liked this post
  11. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4307
    Likes (Received)
    1129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drcoelho View Post
    This is by far my most expensive machine...that's all I will say....
    A while ago I made an inquiry on the same machine, (new),

    If memory serves me right for a slightly old school hands on machine they told me (over the phone) something of the order of $200K, (or the better chunk of or even more ? ).

    but - seemd they were trying to "Up sell " me on the FavoriteCNC that they said was priced similarly.

    Their tactic was to claim the diameters of the parts I needed to grind were not possible on the S20 due to lack of power or torque or something ???

    Hard to argue with a Studer sales engineer when they are such beautiful machines ...

    The whole point was to NOT have a fully cnc grinding but more hands on prototyping machine ???

    favoritCNC | UNITED GRINDING

    https://cdn.grinding.com/fileadmin/c...tcnc-en-19.pdf


    Love love love how everything is really well thought out on almost every element of these machines. Nothing left to chance.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Abingdon, VA
    Posts
    3,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4924
    Likes (Received)
    3629

    Default New Studer S20

    Have you seen the new Studor CNC grinder that Titans of CNC bought?

    Every video they do on the machine screams “1.7 million dollars cost.”

    That’s a bit much, even for a world-class grinding machine.

    Toyoda and Kellenberger make similar CNC cylindrical grinders, and I just can’t see Studor getting 1.7 mil out of a “standard” CNC grinder with no automation.

    The company I worked for purchased a similar-sized Studor brand new back in 1991, and it was $350,000.

    If the 1.7 million number is true, inflation sure has hit the CNC grinder market hard...

    ToolCat

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    6433
    Likes (Received)
    3309

    Default

    That's pretty cool.

    I hope someday I can be insanely well to do and splurge on stuff like that.

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,824
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4307
    Likes (Received)
    1129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post
    Have you seen the new Studor CNC grinder that Titans of CNC bought?

    Every video they do on the machine screams “1.7 million dollars cost.”

    That’s a bit much, even for a world-class grinding machine.

    Toyoda and Kellenberger make similar CNC cylindrical grinders, and I just can’t see Studor getting 1.7 mil out of a “standard” CNC grinder with no automation.

    The company I worked for purchased a similar-sized Studor brand new back in 1991, and it was $350,000.

    If the 1.7 million number is true, inflation sure has hit the CNC grinder market hard...

    ToolCat
    Titan's machine (S41) I thought normally comes in around $2.2M so I was kinda surprised at the $1.7 M lol.

    Maybe they got a "Deal" .

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9
    Likes (Received)
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
    A while ago I made an inquiry on the same machine, (new),

    If memory serves me right for a slightly old school hands on machine they told me (over the phone) something of the order of $200K, (or the better chunk of or even more ? ).

    but - seemd they were trying to "Up sell " me on the FavoriteCNC that they said was priced similarly.

    Their tactic was to claim the diameters of the parts I needed to grind were not possible on the S20 due to lack of power or torque or something ???

    Hard to argue with a Studer sales engineer when they are such beautiful machines ...

    The whole point was to NOT have a fully cnc grinding but more hands on prototyping machine ???

    favoritCNC | UNITED GRINDING

    https://cdn.grinding.com/fileadmin/c...tcnc-en-19.pdf


    Love love love how everything is really well thought out on almost every element of these machines. Nothing left to chance.
    Cost is quite a bit higher than $200K. Plus my machine is fully loaded with all their options including ID grinding.

    The S20 targets a niche use which is small parts, limited volume, more like prototyping, which is exactly what I'm doing. The S20 has sold quite a bit, more in Europe and Asia than US.

  16. Likes cameraman liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •